• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Zaher Nahle resigns as Vice Pres. and Research Officer for SMCI

Countrygirl

https://solvecfs.org/dr-zaher-nahle-leaves-smci/

FEBRUARY 22, 2018
carol-letter.jpg
Dear Friends,

Zaher Nahle, who has served as SMCI’s Vice President for Research and Chief Scientific Officer for over two and a half years, has left the organization. In his time here, Dr. Nahle built the Ramsay Award grant program; collaborated in the new NIH consortia with Dr. Lipkin of Columbia, Dr. Hanson of Cornell, and Dr. Peter Rowe of Johns Hopkins and Dr. Rick Williams of RTI; created the new PEER patient registry; and developed numerous new ME-related research relationships across the world. We will always be indebted to Dr. Nahle for his work.

SMCI has engaged an outstanding, science-focused recruiting firm to help us find a scientist to manage and grow our research work. In the interim period, the SMCI research portfolio will be overseen by me in close consultation with SMCI’s Research Advisory Council, board of directors, and Scientific Administrator, Allison Ramiller.

The Solve ME/CFS Initiative will continue all aspects of its science and discovery programs including the Ramsay Awards, SMCI-Directed projects, and work with the new NIH Consortium Centers, during the transition to a new Research Director.

Change is never easy, especially regarding such an important position in our organization. And at the same time, I’m confident that we will find a scientist with prominence and passion to fill the position.

We will never rest until we find treatments and a cure for ME/CFS. As always, thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Carol Head
President and CEO

PATIENT RESOURCES
Media
ADVOCACY CENTER

DONATE NOW!

Ema

I read that he is going to be leading a major organization focusing on arthritic and rheumatic diseases (including fibromyalgia and MECFS). It’s a bigger platform for him to serve patients, using an interdisciplinary approach.

I’m sure he will issue a statement when the timing is right.

Wally

@Ema - Yes, it appears that a patient(?) on another Forum asked him why he was leaving and he gave the info. you posted above and added that he was not able to say more at this time because the position he has been hired for is still held by someone who has not yet publicly announced their retirement.