• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Theresa Yang, LLMD in San Diego under Medical Board Persecution, needs $

valentinelynx

Yesterday, my local LLMD, having decided that my case is too complex for basic treatment, suggested I seek a practitioner with a lot of experience with complex cases such as myself. She referred me to Therese Yang, MD of San Diego, CA. I looked her up and she sounded like a wonderful clinician, lots of Lyme experience, devoted patients and a big heart. She has been running a free family practice clinic for 10 years.

I was then horrified to discover that she has been shut down (hopefully, temporarily) by the California Medical Board for "over-diagnosing and over-treating these infections, despite the fact that 1000’s of patients have improved under our care." The usual B.S.

She had to settle with the board, not having the $ it would take to fight the accusations. The settlement itself, however, is costly: she has to pay for 3 courses at UCSD, and pay the salaries of practice monitors to look over her shoulder while she tries to help those whom most would prefer to ignore or dismiss. She needs to raise at least another $20,000 before she can begin to treat patients again.

I am posting this in the hope that it might help her raise the money she needs to begin to practice again. It is a selfish thing on my part: I want to be able to benefit from her expertise.

Here is an excerpt from a blog (http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ctor-yang-in-dan-diego-who-is-being-targeted/) explaining what the board is requiring of Dr. Yang:

"As of April 16th, (less than a month from now) the following apply:
1. My California Medical License is on Probation for 5 years.
2. I will not be able to treat patients with Lyme or Babesia until I successfully complete a
UCSD course in chronic diseases, emphasizing Lyme and Babesia.
3. I have to take an additional 3 UCSD courses, which I must enroll in and pay for by 6/15/15 to care for ANY patients. These have to be completed within 6 months.
4. I cannot treat ANYONE unless we find a doctor who is willing to monitor my practice by
5/15/15; the costs associated with monitoring are est. at $20,000/year plus costs of extra staff time.
5. To treat ANYONE I must practice with another physician by 6/15/15, another cost for the clinic.
6. We need to find a physician to supervise Trang, an additional cost est. $15,000/yr.
The 4 UCSD courses will cost $21,500. In addition, we estimate needing $50,000 per year for 5 years.

“Friends of Dr. Yang” has started a GoFundMe page. I will enroll in the UCSD courses as soon as funding is available in order to minimize any gaps in patient care. As you can see, timing is of the essence.

I am asking for your prayers and financial assistance. Please visit the GoFundMe page at
http://www.gofundme.com/kqxvqw or donate directly through our office, so we can continue providing care for patients with complex chronic diseases.

Thank you and many blessings for your assistance and consideration.

Therese H. Yang, MD, FAAFP

Dr. Yang’s Family Care
10201 Mission Gorge Road, Suite H, Santee CA 92071"
Phone (619) 596-4963; Fax (619) 596-4965
contactdyfc@gmail.com
CA nonprofit ID #: 1908441
IRS 501(c)(3) #: 33-075-8113"

Here is the page for the fund-raising effort:

http://www.gofundme.com/kqxvqw

It is so hard to believe and so infuriating that these persecutions continue. Thank you for reading this and any support you can provide.