• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Skinner faces new IOP from GMC

A note from Dr Skinner's supporters. Please try to help if you can:
ar All,

Dr Skinner has been asked to appear before an Interim Order Panel at the GMC at 9.30am on Wednesday 22nd February (a day after his 70th birthday!) at the GMC Offices at St Jamess Buildings, 79 Oxford Street,, Manchester, M1 6FQ. It will be extremely helpful if all of you could get this message out to as many people as possible and try to galvanise patients to write in (yet again) and/or come along to the hearing. I know this is a great imposition and I am so sorry that we have to keep doing this but I do believe the GMC are going for a big push to get rid of Dr Skinner. I will keep you apdated as we are trying to get the date moved to later on as we have only got 3 working days including today to get our defence together.

The case is case number C1-462487326 and all letters should go to email: IOPTeam@gmc-uk.org

Please copy any emails of support to

action@worldthyroidregister.com

Message from Dr Skinner's support group:

Dear All,

I am writing to let you know what happened at the GMC regarding Dr Skinners IOP this morning.

Basically there are 5 complaints from 5 GPs where each of the patients has written to the GMC to say that they do not agree with the GPs complaint and that they are happy with Dr Skinners care. The Interim Order Panel was called to consider whether Dr Skinner should be suspended or have return of conditions due to these complaints.

The GMC and Dr Skinners defense teams made their arguments and as a result the Panel felt there was not enough evidence to stop or modify Dr Skinners practice. They said that in reaching its decision the Panel has determined that the information before it today is insufficient to indicate that Dr Skinners fitness to practice may be impaired and that he may pose a real risk either to patients or the public interest.

This is good news but the 5 cases are going to continue being considered by the GMC in their normal procedure. So we will keep everyone informed.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and support. The GMC were flooded out with testimonials which impressed them and they were still receiving them this morning. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Wish kind regards and huge gratitude.

Following on from the news below regarding Dr Skinner I regret to have to post the following message from his supporters.

Dear All,

I am so sorry to have to inform you of this but as I expected our celebrations were extremely short lived. We received yet another complaint letter from the GMC about a GP complaining about the same old thing of treating a patient with normal blood test.

Kind regards,

Letters of support to IOPTeam@gmc-uk.org and copied to action@worldthyroidregister.com as before. Thanks.