• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Ron Davis gets NIH grant!

FMMM1

yep, and my initial happiness was e a reading error, i thought that the amount of money was per year.... which would be the substantial amount that @raghav mentions above.

In the mean time over here in Holland the psychobabblers are getting on again, something in me says were losing again.

thinking of denmark here...
sad

Remember Jan Brea's comment, in the film unrest, they were telling people with MS they had psychosomatic condition/conversion disorder right up until the first MRI scans showed white patches - demyelination. Davis's are looking at genes etc rather than psychosomatic explanations.

You may be aware that when NIH gave a research centre award to Unutmaz. Cort Johnson (Health Rising) speculated at the time of the award that he'd found something; hence the award. Recently Unutmaz gave a presentation on his findings in Montreal (see Cort Johnson's article on Health Rising); some dodgy immune cell.

Similarly, elsewhere on this site there are comments that Montoya, speaking about his 2017 cytokine study with Mark Davis, commented that they had done HLA testing on the participants (unpublished). Don't mean to get my hopes up, or yours, but I think those folks may have a point i.e. the HLA data may have highlighted a possible genetic problem in ME/CFS - hence the grant to study HLA genes.

Ron Davis, Youtube talk (Christmas 2017?) mentioned the PACE trial/psycosomatic approach. His view was that they were not bad people but they were misguided. Possibly checkout that talk.

I live in the UK; the UK Government funded PACE!