When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Pridgen's antiviral for Fibro and ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Rrrr, May 9, 2016.

1. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

Mij, Bob and Theodore like this.
  2. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
    That's interesting, seems like might help to some patients.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It is good to be aware of the dangers of Celebrex though. That class of NSAIDS does have some risks.

ahmo likes this.
  4. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
    You mean generally or for CFS people?

5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Generally:

Bob and ErdemX like this.
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I was on Celebrex. This was after I began experiencing chronic fatigue, before I collapsed w/ ME. I'm pretty sure that the heart palps started when I quit the Celebrex. This was before the problems linked to Vioxx and Celebrex were public. I wouldn't go there again.

I've found celery extract, or rather this combo, because I haven't tried it in any other form, to be an excellent anti-inflammatory.

cigana and Bob like this.
  7. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I got an arrhythmia after taking only half a tab--won't go there again!

ahmo and Bob like this.
  8. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I thought the same. In fact I thought Celebrate was pulled off the market but looks like thid didn’t happen?

I think you are right and people have died because of developing cardiac conditions..

I would be hesitant about taking this medication at least for myself, but maybe there's reasoning behind it that would justify taking it even if you don’t run fevers. Perhaps it's at a low enough dose that's not dangerous. This is just speculation on my part and I need to make sure I've read all the sources in the above posts.

I have FM but dont run fevers so I would wonder if this treatment would only work for a subset of patients who have these symptoms?

I don’t know if there are even subsets in FM. My understanding is that FM is most likely to be a subset of mecfs. Sometimes I question if FM is a separate entity with similar symptoms.. Maybe they often occur together bur in some way connected.

Enough speculation on my part and hope others have information or sies that contain sites.

Certainly intriguing.

See more popular forum discussions.