• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. paul cheney, pfo and emu

xrayspex

hi--are any of you familiar with or recall when Dr. Cheney was testing patients about 10 years ago with emu oil to see how would effect heart and oxygen hunger? and he could induce a state in some folks with the emu oil I believe it was of worsened per an echo he would have tech run?

I am curious if anyone recalls or knows why emu would make some people feel worse

keenly

hi--are any of you familiar with or recall when Dr. Cheney was testing patients about 10 years ago with emu oil to see how would effect heart and oxygen hunger? and he could induce a state in some folks with the emu oil I believe it was of worsened per an echo he would have tech run?

I am curious if anyone recalls or knows why emu would make some people feel worse

No not testing with emu oil. He simply adds that to the peptides derived from organs. It is merely a carrier oil.

xrayspex

No not testing with emu oil. He simply adds that to the peptides derived from organs. It is merely a carrier oil.
oh thanks-I was trying to remember what causes the negative reaction. So it is nothing to do with emu. Do you recall what the peptides are? I thought they were from some animal?