• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Neil Abbot -Retirement from MERUK today

aimossy

Isn't Dr Abbot also the one who writes their brilliant research summaries?

Last edited:

Countrygirl

I would like to thank him too for all that he has done for us. I hope he has a long, healthy and happy retirement.

Is anyone replacing him? MERUK, quietly do good work and I do hope this continues.

charles shepherd

I would like to thank him too for all that he has done for us. I hope he has a long, healthy and happy retirement.

Is anyone replacing him? MERUK, quietly do good work and I do hope this continues.

I spoke to Neil this morning

He isn't being replaced by a new person in post - his role is being spread around the existing team: Vance Spence, Sue Waddle etc

Neil will also continue to contribute to MERUK research matters in a voluntary capacity

So it's not a complete retirement!

JohnCB

Immoderate
Our colleague, Dr Neil Abbot, retires from ME Research UK today | 28 October 2016.

I too would like to thank him for his sterling work, and send him my good wishes. I have seen various things from him over the years, I recall.

Perhaps you could point him to this thread to see our messages?