• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

G

Gerwyn

Ok now GMC is worried.

They contacted the team to call the dogs off!

They don't get it.

No one is in charge here. No one can 'call the dogs' off!

This is democracy in action - the internet at its best.

I, and others doing far more than me, are merely facilitators. You are the power.

To keep the pressure up, 4 suggestions:

--keep on requesting places at the Hearing - there are already more people going than they have space for. The overspill will stay outside and make their point there.

---if you have had no reply to your email, send it again asking for a reply. If still no reply and you are able to send a registered letter (UK) which requires GMC to sign for it,then PLEASE do that too

--Also if UK based and if you have made a FOIA request, make sure you remind GMC that they have 20 days to reply to that by law.

--maybe consider sending a FOIA request in any case. All you have to say is that you require the GMC to disclose any and all details of the charges against Dr Myhill and that you are making this request under the FOIA 2000.

Thanks again for your wonderful support

x

Thanks for the update i have sent email with the required bits .i will send request under FOI as well

facebook now = 642

petition now = 782

emails over 200 but I am going through the new ones now.

Please see new thread - Dr Sarah Myhill Update

Thanks so much you wonderful people.

x

see Sarah's webpage.

GMC running scared -

START WEBPAGE EXTRACT
The GMC telephoned my office this morning. A quavering voice "Are you sure you wish this to be a Public Hearing Dr Myhill? Most doctors prefer a private Hearing to avoid an adverse Press". It's a public Hearing folks! The Western Mail's reporter Madeleine Brindley would like to run an article on Thursday April 15th. If you believe your health will be damaged by GMC actions please contact her on 02920 243 616. She has my side of the story but to beef this up with real patients would be a great coup! Please ring her!
END WEBPAGE EXTRACT

Cheers,

x

V99

Call off the dogs? This is people power.
If it is XMRV, they let it spread, they let the numbers grow. Now they only have themselves to blame.

Keep fighting guys, were on a roll.
x

Min

Ok now GMC is worried.

They contacted the team to call the dogs off!

They don't get it.

No one is in charge here. No one can 'call the dogs' off!

This is democracy in action - the internet at its best.

I, and others doing far more than me, are merely facilitators. You are the power.

To keep the pressure up, 4 suggestions:

--keep on requesting places at the Hearing - there are already more people going than they have space for. The overspill will stay outside and make their point there.

---if you have had no reply to your email, send it again asking for a reply. If still no reply and you are able to send a registered letter (UK) which requires GMC to sign for it,then PLEASE do that too

--Also if UK based and if you have made a FOIA request, make sure you remind GMC that they have 20 days to reply to that by law.

--maybe consider sending a FOIA request in any case. All you have to say is that you require the GMC to disclose any and all details of the charges against Dr Myhill and that you are making this request under the FOIA 2000.

Thanks again for your wonderful support

x

have done as you suggested, thanks

Min

It beggars belief that Prof Michael Sharpe, who called ME/CFS patients

"the undeserving sick of our society and our health service.”

was awarded the Psychiatric Academic of the Year award for his
'dedication to enhancing psychiatry's relevance and reputation amongst medical colleagues, and mentoring the next generation of psychiatrists' and yet Dr Myhill is called before the GMC.

http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/Quotes_from_Mike_Sharpe.htm

Chris

Can we residents in North America also ask for charges to made specific under FOI2000? and is the request simply included in the letter to Bridges, or does it go to a different destination? I am going to write a second letter rather different from my personal first letter. And again copy to that other guy? It all looks good--great work! Chris

kit

Can we residents in North America also ask for charges to made specific under FOI2000? and is the request simply included in the letter to Bridges, or does it go to a different destination? I am going to write a second letter rather different from my personal first letter. And again copy to that other guy? It all looks good--great work! Chris

I second that question. Thanks!

Thanks.

Per Uk Govt website:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2000/en/ukpgaen_20000036_en_1

the following is the relevant section

Section 8: Request for information
49. This section lays down the conditions which must be fulfilled in order that a request for information is dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the Act. The conditions include a requirement that the applicant describes the information requested. A request for information can be made by any individual or body, regardless of the purpose of the application. An applicant will have to identify himself for the purposes of the application, but the identity of the applicant is otherwise of no concern to the authority except in the case of vexatious or repeated requests (section 14), and personal information (section 40(1) - if the applicant is the subject of the personal information, the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 will apply). In particular, the applicant need not be a United Kingdom national or resident.

So, yes Americans and anyone else actually aloowed!!

Keep it coming at them

x

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
Hey,

Now that we know that the rest of the world can make a FOIA request, would you like to give us a scoop on how to do so?

Enid

So good to see/hear all the support. Is Psychiatry really Medicine. I was imposed on in A+E following 3 street head spinning collapses and pronounced well by three Doctors. The Psychiatrist (just about enough wits left to contest) when challanged (I did Psychology at Uni) replied "and you are the worst". Saner I knew than he and very ill. It is dangerous to suggest to ME patients this illness is all in the head. All good wishes to you all. Enid

Hey spindrift

This is mine - not the best letter I have written (I was busy at the time) but it doesn't really matter as long as you start the conversation:

START MY EMAIL

Sent: 11 April 2010 12:22
To: Paul Bridge (0161 923 6417)
Subject: Dr Sarah Myhill GMC case reference PB/C1-314994282

Dear Mr Bridge,

Please accept this communication as a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following information:

--copies of all case notes held by yourselves regarding the above case reference

--copies of any other notes held by yourself on Dr Sarah Myhill

Yours sincerely,

END MY EMAIL

They have replied with:

START GMC EMAIL:

Our ref: F10/2863/LG

Dear

Information Request

Your e-mail of 11 April 2010 addressed to Mr Bridge in which you request information in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) has been passed to the Information Access Team.

We will consider your request and you will normally receive the information you seek within the 20 working day limit set by the FOIA.

The FOIA lists a number of exemptions that may prevent the release of part, or all, of the information that you have requested. We will make an assessment of the requested information and if it is subject to an exemption you will be informed of this, together with details of your right of appeal.

Your request has been allocated to Louise Gormley. If you have any queries concerning your request you can contact Ms Gormley on 0161-923 6311 or e-mail: lgormley@gmc-uk.org

Yours sincerely

Christina Glancy

Information Access Team Administrator (Temp)

0161 923 6316

cglancy@gmc-uk.org

General Medical Council

3 Hardman Street

Manchester

M3 3AW

END GMC EMAIL

They won't give anything out, I guess, but then the discussions begin and that's when I start to concentrate on the Act itself.

They will quote section 40 about not disclosing third party names etc. But we will deal with that as and when.

On reflection I guess you could just send it straight to Clancy unless you want Bridge to receive more emails. [!!!!]

Hope that helps

xxx

Min

Thank you, I've emailed the same request to Ms Gormley as well as emailing Mr Bridge.

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
Thanks,

People out side of the UK have no idea whom they should email. Now we know.