• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Myhill Calls For The GMC To Investigate The Pace Authors, But Doubts Its Fitness To Do So

Moof

Outrageous that they took away her licence for prescribing bloody B12, yet another doctor can kill hundreds of people and just get a smack on the wrist. I'm not surprised Dr Myhill's concerned about the GMC's competence, the British medical establishment makes the Freemasons look like a children's playgroup.

SilverbladeTE

Myhill is swell, she really fights for us whether her theories are right or not.

she sticks out her neck, even though I'm dutch it makes me have a good feeling that there are doctors like she is.

over all, the *profession* the "group mentality" etc, acts as s twisted religious-like cult that sells and controls "health", once you realize that, all the rest of their behaviour makes sense :/

some though remember they are first and foremost PHYSICIANS who's calling is to help the afflicted, not support a corrupt system of privilege
Myhill is a *physician* :)

boolybooly

To declare my interest I am a patient of Dr Myhill. Also my maternal uncle and paternal grandfather died due to excessive opiate prescriptions, the latter after contracting MRSA in hospital after a fall. I regard the justification of mercy killing for self evidently arbitrary euthenasia as disingenuous and consider this behaviour is a kind of passive aggressive narcissistic psychopathy which, disturbingly, has become institutionalised in some cultures and locations.

Consequently I believe there is a lot we need to sort out about our medical system and the bias of its overseers is the tip of the iceberg and the key to transparency and accountability.

So I believe she is right and admire her integrity and indomitable courage and regard her as a champion of sorts in challenging PACE who is worth supporting along with people like Jen Brea and Dr Charles Shepherd and others though they share the distinction of having ME which makes everything ten times harder as we well know, Dr Myhill thankfully does not.

Just as she does, I believe the equanimity of disinvested judiciary can and will deliver justice in due course but only if we are willing to seek it.

With their help and sympathetic representatives in the houses of parliament like MP Carol Monaghan and several others gratefully heard at the Westminster Hall debate, I feel we can legitimately hope to find what we seek if we persevere, tired though we may be, a few words of encouragement and agreement are the least one can do.

That is why I say I am grateful for Dr Myhill's efforts and her indomitability and her energy. We need her help and she is willing to give it where it coincides with her legitimate interests and it is worth remarking that in the field of law and politics legitimacy is an important factor in credibility which provides the justification which moves others to fairmindedness. So it is appropriate that she refers to the injustices done against her and the legitimacy of her own interests.

After all that is said I can only say thankyou to Dr Myhill, for fighting the good fight.