• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Montoya's N.Ireland TV interview on 27th September 2018

Abha

Abha

Dr Montoya discusses his work on ME on N. Ireland TV following his talk on Septemeber 27th 2018

This is an excellent interview on ME/CFS. Hopefully many GPs/consultants...will be able to listen to it.He mentions how ESR &CRP tests are normal in such people but how 17 cytokines have been found(number are higher in ME/CFS patients)...13 of which caused tremendous inflammation(in brain?) in their testing.

He speaks too about brain inflammation and cognitive impairment.Re treatments and the future Dr Montoya mentions how some patients recover with 3 to 5 years of treatment when herpes virus is suppressed with inflammatory drugs(which ones?).

He mentions too Cervical spinal stenosis(, also called cervical stenosis, occurs when the neck's protective spinal canal narrows due to degenerative changes or trauma.....description from web)in some patients.....compressed spine.After an operation these patients go back to normal.Re the future Dr Montoya is very hopeful now that the Institute of Medicine(highest body in USA)is on Board....and that ME/CFS is now being recognised as a "real disease"

Thank you Dr Montoya and NVTV.