• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr.Meirleir prescribes me Lyme treatment, plus other questions ...?

keenly

That does contradict my own experience though, because before I had B12 injections my B12 was at a normal level in my blood. Then I had the injections and it immediately went high when measured in blood, then higher when tested again after more injections, then I stopped taking them and it remained high for the year or more after I stopped taking it but had it tested.

That correlation with the injections makes it likely to be due to the injections, and I don't have symptoms to suggest thiamine deficiency so it's unlikely to be that. I don't know what else might cause high B12 but it may no longer be high as I haven't tested it for well over a year.

Dr Lonsdale has found others with the same problem. No contradiction.

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/high-folate-vitamin-b12-low-thiamine-autism/

snowathlete

Dr Lonsdale has found others with the same problem. No contradiction.

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/high-folate-vitamin-b12-low-thiamine-autism/

This article is an individual case described by Dr Lonsdale of a patient with suspected thiamine deficiency, highlighted by high B12 in the blood, not as a result of supplementation. The point I've tried to make is that this is completely different to my case where my B12 was normal until I started injection B12 and then was high not because of thiamine deficiency but because of the supplementation of high dose B12 for a lengthy period of time. In the absence of symptoms of thiamine deficiency or anything else know to cause high B12, it's pretty obvious that my B12 was high because of the injections and in my case it stayed high in my blood for some time.

Is there any peer-reviewed paper showing B12 injections don't result in high B12 concentration in the blood?