Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Lubna Aslam - Anyone Have Experience Of Seeing Her For FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Jigsaw, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Senior Member

UK
    Hi everyone,

Been off here for ages, so apologies to anyone who's tagged or messaged me....meanwhile, I've got an appointment coming up (in an effort to find a more pro-active, interested, helpful rheumy than the one I've been seeing for 5 yrs+) with a Dr Lubna Aslam.

I've googled her, and she used to be at Guy's, also Inverclyde in Scotland, but I can't find any patient reviews.

I was wondering whether anyone here has been a patient of hers, and if you have, could you tell me what she's like, please? Like, is she in favour of the standard fibro drugs that I can't tolerate (gabapentin etc, amitryptaline etc), is she anti the few painkillers and muscle relaxants I can tolerate (DHC and Oramorph, diazepam), is she likely to make me fill in 15 pages of pain and function questionnaires every visit like my current rheumy does), is she a career doc looking to gather info for publishing papers, does she subscribe to the "the pain you think you feel is *only* your brain over-reacting", or the "it's because you're depressed" bs, or the dreaded GET, etc., etc. It would be nice to know in advance so I can prepare, make some notes, that sort of thing.

A head's up would be useful, and the hospital staff I know can't tell me anything because my appointment will be in her first week there, so she's an unknown quantity atm.

Any info welcomed :)

Thanks in advance,
    Jigsaw

See more popular forum discussions.