• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr James Coyne tackles the PACE follow-up paper

barbc56

, like an eel through a soap box

I'm not sure what this means. I've never heard it before. I have a feeling what it means but not sure and would find it interesting to use it in conversation. I get the eel but not the reference to a soap box!:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Barb

The only thing I found that's close is "Slippery as an eel in a bucket of snot". Ew!

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Abuse again?

I seem to have got locked out of the Coyne blog. Either it's my old software or the dark forces are already at it. I may try again on Monday when the lock has been removed.

I got locked out after I made a first post - it's a spam blocker but it did allow me to fill in a thing to email him directly. Does it give you that option when you try?

SOC

James C.Coyne ‏@CoyneoftheRealm
.@BPSOfficial @peterkinderman refused debate and threatened my universities w/ legal action if they did not muzzle me.

What! Hostile militant BPS-advocates threatening respected university professors! :wide-eyed::jaw-drop: Say it isn't so! I hope James Coyne called the police and got advice on how to protect himself from these abusive BPS-terrorists.
:p

eafw

James C.Coyne ‏@CoyneoftheRealm
.@BPSOfficial @peterkinderman refused debate and threatened my universities w/ legal action if they did not muzzle me.

This is actually very serious, and if there is any record of these "silence your employee who is criticising us or else" threats then they need a good public airing in order to show exactly the sort of people we are dealing with here.

Cheshire

This is actually very serious, and if there is any record of these "silence your employee who is criticising us or else" threats then they need a good public airing in order to show exactly the sort of people we are dealing with here.

I think J Coyne was refering here to a previous debate around (autism) edit psychosis (ah poor brain) andwas implying it may happen again.
upload_2015-11-1_16-38-44.png

Last edited:

Sidereal

That tweet is not about PACE. However, Coyne has been goading the British Psychological Society (BPS) on twitter to stop being silent on the issue of CBT for CFS.

Riley

I would love to follow the drama on twitter, but I don't understand how it works, and I don't really care to learn.

I'll just enjoy what pieces of it I get here.