• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Jaller of LymeMD blog is being persecuted by Maryland medical board

Charles555nc

Only reason CDC admits to 300,000 lyme cases per year after saying it was only 30,000 for like 10 years, is because they are going to try selling a lyme vaccine soon. The government knows this is going on, and is no help, even standing in the way of financing further research.

Context: the last lyme vaccine that was on the market gave people all the symptoms of lyme disease. So you know, I wont be getting it. Mycoplasma, and animals viruses (some vaccines are grown off of monkey kidneys and can transmit monkey viruses/retroviruses to humans) are not something I need more of.

To those that remember, the cdc stood in the way of HIV research and said hiv infection was "a social issue not a medical one".

Antares in NYC

Only reason CDC admits to 300,000 lyme cases per year after saying it was only 30,000 for like 10 years, is because they are going to try selling a lyme vaccine soon. The government knows this is going on, and is no help, even standing in the way of financing further research.

Context: the last Lyme vaccine that was on the market gave people all the symptoms of lyme disease. So you know, I wont be getting it. Mycoplasma, and animals viruses (some vaccines are grown off of monkey kidneys and can transmit monkey viruses/retroviruses to humans) are not something I need more of.

To those that remember, the cdc stood in the way of HIV research and said hiv infection was "a social issue not a medical one".
Yeah, the actions of the CDC regarding HIV in the 1980s were nothing short of shameful. I don't expect them to be any more professional or humane to the victims of any new epidemic that comes along.

Thanks for pointing the Lyme vaccine research info. The more I read about the blatant and outrageous conflicts of interest of most members of the IDSA board on Lyme, the more I wonder: 1) why these people are not indicted on racketeering charges, and 2) how come no major publication or investigative reporter has picked up on this shameful scandal. It's definitely a low hanging fruit, ripe for the picking.... Oh, I forgot, there's no such thing as investigative journalism anymore, just corporate fluff and click-bait. Never mind!

The quote from Upton Sinclair that I added to my signature is very a-propose of what's happened to ME/CFS and Lyme:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
As long as you have people in in the upper echelons of medicine with vested interests in selling their remedies and diagnostic tools for new and difficult diseases, no new solutions or cures will be found (the Oxford clan forcing CBT/GET on ME/CFS patients, or the corrupt IDSA members buying time to develop a Lyme vaccine they will profit from directly). I mean, they have gone out of their way to block dissenting research, and to antagonize patients as nutcases.

As my dad used to say, "they are peeing on us and they tell us it's raining."

Last edited: