• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Jack Kruse's explanation of what CFS is

JES

Jack Kruse, who is a highly respected practicing Neurosurgeon, explains one way for Geeks and another for nonGeeks. All I do is follow his recommendations and like many others, have seen an emormous improvememt. It's about physics not biology.

I don't doubt that you improved based on his recommendations, but the fact that you improved with more fish consumption and sun doesn't validate any of his statements about photons, electrons and the quantum drivel. I can without much understanding of medicine recommend more fish and more sun to most people, but that doesn't make my theory that unicorns produce vitamin D correct.

brenda

Kruse did not discover many of his recommendations. There are others who are talking about these things, like leptin reset, circadian rhythms and cold thermogenesis. His skill was in pulling them all together. I don't like to read him myself but recovered a lot of health by doing so at the beginning. I don't follow him but he helped me understand that I have a huge problem in losing electrons.

If he has lost his license, and I can't find any evidence for that, then I would not be surprised if his collegues are out to get him or others who want to crush anything outside of mainstream allopathic medicine.

What Kruse is preaching, is just getting back to nature. Nothing quakery about that.

keenly

For some reason it seems it is always the people with the least scientific understanding that fawn over Kruse's "advice". I wonder why that is.

Irony.

Jack's advise is what every human on earth should be doing. We need sunlight. Blue light is very harmful, and nnEMF causes calcium efflux, which effects what?

Listen to his interviews. Change your life.

Last edited:

Mohawk1995

Every great lie has elements of truth in it. The difficulty then is separating the two and recognizing what the lie is and what still may be true.

After investigating this man more, my conclusion is that:

1) He is not stupid. Foolish maybe. Manipulative maybe.
2) There may be elements of truth in what he is saying and advocating
3) He apparently thinks pretty highly of himself and what he knows
4) He does not have a full appreciation of the complexity of the subject he speaks of even though he uses complex explanations.
5) He makes complex statements so it at least sounds like he has mastery of the subject.
6) He has multiple avenues to make money from. (Membership, books, speaking engagements, etc...)
7) He has many claims against him and his authenticity

Is he a "quack"? Does what he offer help others? That is for someone to determine for themselves. I would just approach him with caution and be careful when investing in anyone who makes so many promises.

Basilico

Florida
Jack knows more than 99% of doctors on the planet
https://www.jackkruse.com/blog-index/

Another wildly unsupported assertion.

@keenly , your blind and fanatical devotion to Jack Kruse is troubling. You don't seem to respond to any specific questions asking for an explanation of what Jack Kruse is trying to say. I'm really at a loss as to how to respond to you at this point.

You can follow any guru you want, including Charles Mason, if he really speaks to you. But please give some thought to your audience, and how to participate in a conversation or a debate. You are not convincing anyone that JK isn't a quack with the approach you are taking.

Sandman00747

Every living thing on this planet is having a huge problem losing electrons from the moment they enter this world! I know I am! Not a huge leap to maintain we are all getting OXIDIZED! Geez, most everyone on this planet knows " rust never sleeps." This is not like coming up with the concept of nuclear fusion for goodness sakes.

keenly

Another wildly unsupported assertion.

@keenly , your blind and fanatical devotion to Jack Kruse is troubling. You don't seem to respond to any specific questions asking for an explanation of what Jack Kruse is trying to say. I'm really at a loss as to how to respond to you at this point.

You can follow any guru you want, including Charles Mason, if he really speaks to you. But please give some thought to your audience, and how to participate in a conversation or a debate. You are not convincing anyone that JK isn't a quack with the approach you are taking.

The irony is palpable. A couple of posts on a forum makes one devoted to somebody :D:D:D

What do you disagree with?
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/arti...-jack-kruse?trk=hp-feed-article-title-comment

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/your-first-post-to-read-here-at-jackkruse-com.17829/

You clearly need some AM sunlight on your skin.

erin

I have no idea who Jack Kruse is.

I have huge improvements when sun bathing and taking fish oil. I live in a fishing village in a sunny climate for 6 months and I am more healthier there.

I buy the sun light theory. My vitD level was 40 units (can't remember the unit sorry but upper limit was 50) last september after 3 months solid sun bathing for approximately 5 -6 hours a day. It dropped to 25 in November. Less than 2 months.

lansbergen

Before I fell ill I was a sunlover. After I fell ill it always made me worse. Now I am muxh better I can enjoy the sum to a degree.

Basilico

Florida
You clearly need some AM sunlight on your skin.

I live in FLORIDA and spend hours outside in the sun EVERY SINGLE DAY. This is just one of the reasons that I think what Jack Kruse writes doesn't hold water.

Sun might help some, but it is not a panacea.

I have also spent months at a time living almost off grid on a 60+ acre property my family owned, where I was outside pretty much as soon as I woke up until it got dark, only coming inside for lunch. No internet, no TV, no computer. Almost no blue light. And I got worse while I was there.

How about instead of just quoting JK and posting links, you discuss what YOU THINK and why YOU BELIEVE something makes sense or not.

HowToEscape?

Though I don't agree with the condescending tone of most comments, I beg to differ.

All the above of course can contribute, become co-factors to ME/CFS. But not every of them are in every case. And even if, still not be 'the' cause. If there even is a single one.

An other example, when I did intensive meditation retreats I observed a very few who became highly psychotic thereby, or remember a few from my youth getting psychotic from a few joints. However, the vast majority simply doesn't get psychotic from meditation or cannabis. So there has to be a precondition, a vulnerability present before, for such a harmless event to trigger psychosis. Similarly, some chemical, electrical, mold, fungus, blue light sensitivity and DHA deficiency might constitute a contributing factor. But as a cause? - I seriously doubt in most cases.

Would be so easy to test as hypothesis. Simply go off the grid and eating mostly fish would suffice..

Anyone, has done that for a significant time?

Beside that, I consider Jack Kruse as full of himself, to say it mildly. If he had only a tiny speck of compassion or genius he would explain it in such a clear, non-contradicting fashion, that even those fatigued and brain-fogged could understand his explanations, and not only he himself.

Here is the explanation in fewer words:
"Give me attention, and then give me your money. "

Hip

All I do is follow his recommendations and like many others, have seen an emormous improvememt.

"Enormous improvement"? Can you quantify that "enormous improvement" on a standard ME/CFS scale, such as the mild, moderate and severe scale? How many steps did you move up that scale with these Jack Kruse recommendations? And can you explain which Jack Kruse recommendations you followed.

Last edited:

Hip

It seems that when your scientific or medical career is over because your mind is no longer the sharp tool it used to be, you can always make money by impressing the gullible public with some "word salad" pseudoscientific concoctions, comprising random terms strung together in a way that impresses the scientifically illiterate.

Last edited:

brenda

My healing quest began in earnest late 2015, having tried orthomolecular interventions, various herbs etc and a gluten free diet, whereby I would see some improvement for a while but would begin to decline again. Especially the gluten free diet because I was eating commercial gluten free products which I now deem unhealthy.

I began by roughly following Dr Wahls but went grain free but not ketogenic. I needed more carbohydrates than she advised because of my thyroid. Once again an improvement, probably the best I had seen so far, and I moved from a very low score and near severe once again (previously had been there a few times and improved). I had developed sleep apnea and it went completely after one week without grains. I was sleeping better and gaining energy. I felt much better, calmer and mood swings ceased.

I was now moving up the scale and able to do much more. Later I slowed down and was at a level where I could function so much better but wished to continue to improve. I came across Jack Kruse's forum and began to study it. He is a longevity guru and is against the typical paleo diet. His is called epi- paleo which is high in fish especially raw oysters, very low in carbs in the winter and higher in carbs for the summer when they grow naturally in the form of fruit and grains. He does not see diet as important as the other methods of healing. I disagree as my gut will not easily heal. He does not understand the thyroid fully.

I began last June, to get up at sunrise and look at the sun for a couple of minutes and get it on my skin, sunbathe at noon for vitamin D, and then a spell later in the day. I grounded with bare feet, wore blue light blockers and used f-lux on my computer, ate oily fish and oysters, began cold thermogenesis with iced water on my face and short cold showers, went to bed early with blackout blinds, and began to see an increasing improvement in all areas.

The inflammation in my body went down and the 6 autoimmune conditions I had been suffering began to clear:

Interstitial cystitis - cleared entirely
MCS - improved markedly until I could take some chemical smells without reacting, like in traffic.
MCAS - improved significantly until I stopped blacking out whenever I was vomitting (happened since pesticide poisoning).
Thyroid autoantibodies went down.
Dry eye syndrome causing corneal erosions on waking cleared entirely so I no longer require eye masks or drops.
Lyme induced joint flare ups ceased.

My latest has been to wire my computer and stop wi-fi. I have just moved house so have been breaking my diet a bit and not been as vigilent with my health care so have had a little decline but not much and have been able to do all of the work involved with moving and not crash. I have been able to get rid of carpets and have hard flooring which is helping I feel as I can breathe much easier.

Hoping to get back on track now and make the most of the rest of the summer. Last winter I used a vitamin D lamp and my D levels stayed good.

I am at the stage where I can do just about what I want, but rest often and spend 12 hours in bed at night. I do think that not taking medications has been a factor for me. I have not been able to take them for over 20 years because of the extent of my sensitivites but would not anyway now as I do not believe in covering symptoms up. I am all for natural healing. I do not expect to be cured - I have been sick since early childhood with mercury poisoning and probably had ME, that is, immune and endocrine disruption since I was a few months old. I am now 67 and doing so much better than other 60 + people who did not have my history of environmental poisoning and Lyme disease.

At my worst, I have been bedbound and unable to cope with any chemicals including those in tap water. I have needed a carer to do everything for me including washing my hair.

Last year I travelled to Greece to get the sun and sea and would love to do it again sometime.

Last edited: