• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Jack Kruse's explanation of what CFS is

Wonko

????? Please explain.
Really? You need me to explain that???

okay.

When I was much, much, much, younger I used to climb trees. Given it would probably have been summer there is a high probability I may have been wearing both sandals and sunglasses. I was not always successful at maintaining altitude, largely down to gravity but also down to a major design flaw in trees re branch strength of the top ones.

Thus I did come down from the tree wearing both sandals and sunglasses, this happened on several occasions so I did, in fact, come down from the trees wearing both sandals and sunglasses, although the sunglasses may have detached upon impact.

I did have questions about why it was necessary to explain this, it was obvious from the context, but your next post explained everything.

andyguitar

Well I suppose you could say that biology is produced by physics. Bit hard to work it all out though and apply it to illness. Interesting to note that applying electric currents to the sick was very popular in the distant past.

Wonko

They used to cure TB with sunshine/grounding.
I'm sorry? They didn't "cure" TB with sunshine, they wheeled people outside on on the theory it might cut the mortality rate. Nobody was cured by sunshine, it's just less died due to not being cooped up in a highly infectious environment for as long.

Can't wrap my mind around this resistance. It costs no money.nada! There are no side effects.
Apart from all the pesky little effects caused by not getting medical treatment for serious medical conditions of course. You can't put a price on that.

I also have aspergers, and I and my posts, can get a little weird at times, my sense of humor at such times seems to be inaccessible to most people. I really hope that your posts today have been an attempt at humor that I simply have't got and do not reflect reality as you see it.

Wishing you well :)

Valentijn

I have every crappy metylation snp possible. If born today I'd be in special education for sure. Huge ADHD or autism spectum. My genetic genie report looks like I am a Florida Seminole or Arizona State sun devil or usc Trojan alumnus.All red and yellow.!!
Most of those SNPs do nothing. And the ones which do have an impact, are very common and rarely have any effect upon health (primarily the MTHFR mutations in the case of fetuses of a mother with the mutations). They're easily compensated for with a reasonable diet or basic multivitamin.