• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Ian Lipkin's $1.27m gut microbiome study - crowdfunding campaign - news and updates

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
This is why people should not kill themselves, if at all possible. There's always the possibility that some seemingly improbable positive events happen.

100 % agree. And we already got rtx and cyclo as possible treatments coming up, and i guess ampligen and valcyte too..

adreno

PR activist
The sophistication of their program is impressive. They are looking for 1.7m viruses, and antibodies to them. And they are now delving into autoimmunity, looking for autoantibodies. That's on top of the proteomics and metabolomics etc. The amount of data they're going to have is utterly phenomenal. I've no idea how they're going to process it all. And they want to connect dots, to make associations between various immune markers and genes and signs of pathogens.
Yes, I am very optimistic about this. Seriously, I think the ME riddle will be solved within the next few years. With this amount of sophistication, the disease must show its trace somewhere, somehow.