• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Courtney Craig on Lessons Learned from Tracking Sleep

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Now, I'm wondering if there is any way to get an Oxygen sensor that records? It would have to be cheap!
There is a type of pulse oximeter that attached firmly to your finger and records its readings. I wanted to rent one from the local medical supply place, but they didn't have one. I think the price put me off of buying one.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
is it really true that primitive people in hot climates didn't sleep during the hottest part of the day? Isn't there a lunch and nap routine in some farming cultures? Yes, it appears natural that the longest part of our sleep is during the night, but why did we decide that means no sleeping at all during the day, especially for people who consume a lot of energy during that time?
Haven't you heard that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun?

barbc56

@Little Bluestem

Thanks. I am having trouble getting my neurologist to sign off on anothrt sleep study. Since the previous study, I have had. braces My orthodontist suggested getting another one since the structure of my jaw has changed.so much.

I'm thinking something like this wouuld ow my oxygen level during the night which could be compared with the first one.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Barb