• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Chia as clinician?

urbantravels

disjecta membra
I've been looking and I don't see any topic about Dr. Chia as a clinician. Has anyone here actually been to him for general CFS care?

My impression has been that he is all about the enteroviruses and might not have a well-rounded clinical approach (i.e. looking at and treating various symptoms; knowing what to do about OI; which pain meds are best; giving good advice on other meds like immune modulators; etc.) But I really don't know for sure. Does anyone here have first hand experience with his treatment approach?

In my ideal world, I'd go to see Nancy Klimas (and I might do that after all) but...she's in Miami and Dr. Chia is here in the LA area. So I thought I'd double check on Chia before writing him off.

Timaca

I see Dr. Chia. I like him. I do have Coxsackie B3 and B4 infections. Oxymatrine has helped me. Since you live in the area, I would certainly give him a try. Heck I travel from out of state to see him, so I must like him. :)

Best, Timaca