• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Cheney’s B-12 Protocol

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Just read this on Cort's site, wow the b12 is dosed high.

Dr. Cheney’s B-12 Protocol Start with 15 mg injection 4x day intramuscularly.
Then reduce to 15mg 2x a day to see if you get the same benefit.
You can reduce all the way to 10mg a day, but stay at that level.
Patients vary greatly as to their ideal dose of hydroxyB-12 and how often (once a day up to four times per day) and whether best in AM or best in PM or whether both AM and PM. They are free to experiment with dose and frequency and AM and PM and both AM and PM.
The drug must be refrigerated and kept out of the light.
College Pharmacy and Wellness Pharmacy both ship hydroxyB-12 on ice. They sell preserved and unpreserved hydroxyB-12. The best price for preserved hydroxyB-12 was College Pharmacy at 10cc’s for $55 and 30cc’s for $118.42 at 30 mg/cc. Wellness Pharmacy was significantly (60%) higher at $87.50 for 10cc’s of preserved hydroxyB-12. Based on the starting recommendation, this concentration would be four 0.5 cc shots of hydroxyB12 daily.

Read more: The Cheney Chronicles #2: His Protocol For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2014/08/25/cheney-chronicles-protocol-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

SOC

$11/day (if I did the math correctly :whistle:) adds up quickly. My Valcyte, after insurance, costs a lot less than that. One could hope to be one of those patients who could cut the hydroxy B12 to 10mg daily. That might be affordable.

That just looks crazy excessive to me. I suppose if it works for someone, they wouldn't complain.

amaru7

Meaning 60mg, which is 60.000mcg of B12 a day 420.000mcg weekly? That really is an insanely large of a dose and very expensive too. Heard about the 10mg's before and I think this already is alot. I would try high dose B12 for a short while, but it isn't obtainable for me in my country. The largest dose of ampoules I can get are 1.5mg of hydroxycobalamin

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
yes to get that type of dose compounded here in oz it would cost more then ampligen, u get my druft though.

i understood it as 60mg which is 60000mcg.

Be interesting to hear from someone who has used those types of doses??

Mij

12yrs ago I paid 97,50$ (CDN) for 10,000mcg/ml Hydrox for 15ml. I did the Cheney protocol at that time and felt it was too much just at that dose once a day 3x/week. I lost all the colour in my face. I felt a lot worse.