• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Brewer and Antiretrovirals

mojoey

I heard from a physician that Dr. Brewer has been using antiretrovirals with some success. Does anyone see him/know of patients seeing him and would you be able to provide more insight?

mojoey

Actually this was mentioned in Amy Dockser Marcus' first article on the Lo/Alter paper:

"Joseph Brewer, an infectious disease doctor in Kansas City, Mo., who treats AIDS patients, said he now has 15 patients with CFS in his clinic taking anti-retrovirals. "It's a mixed bag,'' said Dr. Brewer about the results. Patients who have been sick less than two years improve more rapidly, he said, adding that one of the challenges is that there is no reliable way to measure the amount of virus present in patients."

Gemini

I heard from a physician that Dr. Brewer has been using antiretrovirals with some success. Does anyone see him/know of patients seeing him and would you be able to provide more insight?

Dr. Brewer is presenting "XMRV & CFS" at a Lyme conference
in Jersey City, NJ October 15-17, 2010.

Maybe someone can post a review of his presentation?