Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Bested: "GET is contraindicated and can be harmful for patients with ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ScottTriGuy, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Rlman, Valentijn, Woolie and 7 others like this.
  2. Chriswolf

Chriswolf Senior Member

I think most CFS people could tell you that, which is why it's so annoying for the medical community and healthcare providers to be pushing this so hard.

I was a fairly active person prior to the onset of my symptoms and I still try to be as active as I can when permitted, however I know when my symptoms get bad - that pushing myself will only cause my symptoms to get worse or precipitate a full-on crash.

Today I'm lucky, I woke up feeling like I actually had slept, my eyes and mouth weren't extremely dry and my stomach did not feel as if it was on fire and pushing me to the brink of vomiting.

I did some stretching, which I haven't been able to do in at least 10 days, and I plan on going for a walk later on to pick up a few things.

I don't expect to feel awful by the end of the day, however by the next morning, who knows. I imagine this is pretty common for people with CFS and while trying to be active when you can is a good thing if you can manage, exercise does not have the effect of preventing the onset of symptoms for myself, it is a luxury when I can do so without serious consequences.

See more popular forum discussions.