• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Bested: "GET is contraindicated and can be harmful for patients with ME/CFS"

Chriswolf

I think most CFS people could tell you that, which is why it's so annoying for the medical community and healthcare providers to be pushing this so hard.

I was a fairly active person prior to the onset of my symptoms and I still try to be as active as I can when permitted, however I know when my symptoms get bad - that pushing myself will only cause my symptoms to get worse or precipitate a full-on crash.

Today I'm lucky, I woke up feeling like I actually had slept, my eyes and mouth weren't extremely dry and my stomach did not feel as if it was on fire and pushing me to the brink of vomiting.

I did some stretching, which I haven't been able to do in at least 10 days, and I plan on going for a walk later on to pick up a few things.

I don't expect to feel awful by the end of the day, however by the next morning, who knows. I imagine this is pretty common for people with CFS and while trying to be active when you can is a good thing if you can manage, exercise does not have the effect of preventing the onset of symptoms for myself, it is a luxury when I can do so without serious consequences.