• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Bell's January 2010 lecture transcribed in full!

T

thefreeprisoner

Hi all,

After so many of you found the first transcription useful (and thanks to all the others that helped transcribe it - couldn't have got so far without your help) I thought I'd transcribe Dr Bell's recent lecture as well.

I found this one much easier to understand, but there were a few points where I am not quite sure of the words he was using. If anybody can help translate for me that would be great!

It's in 2 parts because the whole thing was too long to fit into a forum blog entry apparently:

Dr Bell's January 2010 lecture part 1 of 2

Enjoy, learn and spread the info...

Rachel xx

K

_Kim_

You rock Rachel!!! What valuable contributions you are making to our community!! Thanks.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Thank you so very, very much, Rachel. You AMAZE me.

I thought Dr. Bells lecture was perfect for those of us who are less technical.

I just noticed this in the beginning of your transcription:

I'd like to keep this informal and then after about 50 minutes we're going to open it up for Questions and Answers, and any question is ok. There's no question that's silly or anything like that. I enjoy a huge variety of questions, but what I'm going to go through mainly is the new developments related to this virus XMRV.

It doesn't seem like he took any questions. He ended at about an hour and then left the room. I'm wondering if he only had one hour and his lecture went a little longer than planned. Questions would have been nice. Did I miss anything?

T

thefreeprisoner

Yeah I was looking forward to the Q&A as well, but I think this bit was edited out by the people who put the video online.
Hopefully somebody will at some point put the Q&A online and then I'll be happy to transcribe that too.

Rachel xx

Quilp

Thanks Rachel. I read on an earlier thread that you could do 120wpm ? Wow that is amazing. I wonder how fast i could go in comparison. Eight words a minute with permission from my rather delicate keyboard; any faster and i may spontaneously combust.

Kind regards, mark

A

anne

Thank you so much for doing that. I got a lot out of that, and I really appreciate it.

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Well done, and thank you Rachel.

Dr Bell seemed the most confident yet on XMRV, which is encouraging to say the least.

Also, he mentioned he wouldn't accept XMRV is not the answer if this was done for political reasons.

I can't think off the top of my head, any other doctor who has said something like this. Three Cheers for this doctor.

T

thefreeprisoner

I know this is OT, but... 250,000 views on youtube? I'm intrigued...

Rachel xx