• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Alan Light: why ME/CFS is an easier research target than many cancers and Alzheimer's...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Very interesting points that Dr Light makes in this short interview with Carole Head of Solve (poor sound quality): basically, because once you've got it the disease doesn't change much and (mostly) doesn't progress to the point where it kills you, it's a single, static target for research and more curable.

Also says that we can take advantage of the 30-year start that research into other diseases have on us, by nicking their tools. :cool:

And that his team have identified an integrated "fatigue system" and know what its components are. They believe it interacts with the cardiovascular system, GI system, brain and ANS - can investigate this and see which components are involved in causing the symptoms.

Very encouraging little interview, published in May this year.

Dr Light is giving a Solve webinar on Thursday, October 15 and I, for one, will be glued to it!