• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Donate to Karina Hansen legal fighting fund: $18,000 needed, $5,000 already raised

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@Keela Too - this is your blog post? Thanks for the link!

I think it's important to highlight that this is in part a call for donations. We've seen many posts in the past about this terrible situation and they've all called for the signing of petitions or writing of letters, which many of us have done already, so I think it's important to flag up that this calls for a new action: donating.

The post says:

Please talk about Karina's situation widely. Share this post, or others from the links below, and if you can make a contribution, no matter how small, towards the legal fees of Dr Stig Gerdes then perhaps consider doing so.

The amount needed is estimated to be 100,000 Danish Kroner, that is £10,606 [or $18,145].

On the 11th July the fund stood at £3045 [$5,209].​

Do you think it would be a good idea to rename this thread something like, "Donate to Karina Hansen legal fighting fund: $18,000 needed, $5,000 already raised"?

If you'd like to do that, tag Kina or report your own post and request the change.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Good idea @Sasha so @Kina can you make the necessary change to the thread title please

I probably should have put that in the blog post title itself too..... Ah well.... It can be tweeted/shared with the appeal I suppose. (Yes it's my blog post ;) )

Hopefully lots of people will share this and any other posts folk have written... There needs to be a bit of a fuss kicked up - like the one for Justina.

The case needs to gather momentum and clout!! And international scandal!!

Undisclosed

@Keela Too

FYI -- You can change your own thread titles within seven days of starting a thread. For example, for this thread
  1. Go to the list of threads in the "Actions Alerts and Advocacy" forum
  2. Find your thread
  3. Click on "Edit" which is to the right of the thread title
  4. When you are finished editing, click on "Save"

Keela Too

Sally Burch
The blogpost Karina's Story has now had almost 500 views. I think it is an important story. Please please consider sharing this story to a wider audience so that the message gets out. Thank you.