• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does XMRV changes the way you think about De Meirleir's approach to ME/CFS?

filfla4

I just heard Andrea Whittemore telling in an interview that she was back on Ampligen and that it seemed to work for her (the second time). She was also taking homeopathic medication.
Can you tell us where you got this from? Thanks!

aruschima

I know nothing
Hi again

I am waiting for my results. My son will get tested later.

I think you got some reasonable answers here.

Just to add my two cents, do not go on antibiotics treatment unless you have a life threatening bacterial infection!

My son was diagnosed with ME , but i also suspect or sea symptoms of Asperger Syndrom in him. It is astounding how many mothers with ME have children in the Autism spectrum or Lyme d. !

ukxmrv

Berthe,

I'm too sick to travel at the moment but it is something I am considering for the future.

Berthe

Dear everybody whom is interested in Andrea's statement.

I've read it somewhere on this website a few days ago. Bugger, I can't remember where. I will try to look it up again.

Love,
Berthe

Berthe

I'm terribly sorry, but my short-term memory isn't very cooperative for the moment (well for the last ten years). Perhaps somebody else can help me out here.
I've read a response Andrea gave on WPI facebook that was published here on this website by somebody else. He or she litteraly quoted Andrea.

As I remember correctly she was back on Ampligen (prescribed by dr. P), took homeopathy, did do some meditation and yoga.

I remember this because I immediately called my father to tell.

Love,
Berthe

P.S. Perhaps you can find it on facebook.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
I'm terribly sorry, but my short-term memory isn't very cooperative for the moment (well for the last ten years). Perhaps somebody else can help me out here.
I've read a response Andrea gave on WPI facebook that was published here on this website by somebody else. He or she litteraly quoted Andrea.

As I remember correctly she was back on Ampligen (prescribed by dr. P), took homeopathy, did do some meditation and yoga.

I remember this because I immediately called my father to tell.

Love,
Berthe

P.S. Perhaps you can find it on facebook.

Hey ya
I think you are referring to the thread speculating on what treatment Andrea was taking after her appearance on the Nevada Newsmaker Show. I believe that thread was deleted per Andrea's request. I don't think she is back on Ampligen (synthetic interferon), I think that was a statement made about an old post she made a while back.

Berthe

Oh my God, I'm actually not loosing my mind.
I had no idea that Andrea requested to delete the thread. I sincerelly thought she was on Ampligen for the second time because she confirmed it on the WPI facebook forum. I didn't know it was an old post she made a while back. Still not sure, but never the less.

Thanx George for, you deserve a cookie.

Love,
Berthe.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Oh my God, I'm actually not loosing my mind.
I had no idea that Andrea requested to delete the thread. I sincerelly thought she was on Ampligen for the second time because she confirmed it on the WPI facebook forum. I didn't know it was an old post she made a while back. Still not sure, but never the less.

Thanx George for, you deserve a cookie.

Love,
Berthe.

Nope your brain is (mostly, grins) fine. Ummmm, cookie!

Berthe,

I once(about 3 months ago)asked prof.DML that I had read that XMRV can cause a leaky gut and if it was true?

his answer was "no doubt about that"...

I also wonder what the link is between the H2S and XMRV though...

PS I'm from Belgium too :Retro smile:

groetjes,

Jeroen