A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does PEM have breaks?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by panckage, Aug 16, 2018.

1. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Let's say that you overdo it and bring on PEM. That PEM takes 3 days (or however long) to disappear. During these 3 days do you ever feel recovered for a short period (like an hour or so)? Or will you be worse the entire period of PEM?

Mel9 likes this.
  2. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

For me it is the entire period of PEM.

3. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I had occasional brief (lasting hours) remissions of my ME symptoms in the early years, so I would guess that it's possible to have brief remissions from PEM. I don't recall ever having any though. If you're experiencing such breaks, please post some more details. Unusual aspects of ME/CFS are useful for coming up with theories and for showing flaws in theories.

4. perrier

perrier Senior Member

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know if PEM occurs in other illnesses? This has surely been discussed but I likely failed the follow that thread. Or is PEM only characteristic of ME?

5. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I keep reading that PEM is definitive of ME. I haven't heard of any other disorders with PEM.

See more popular forum discussions.