• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does mb12/adb12 need to be taken soon after metafolin?

I have been taking them many hours apart. I take the two metafolin in the morning and afternoon, and the others all evening. Will it be less effective?

arx

I take them hours apart too. I take one metafolin in the morning, followed by a mb12 sublingual. Here I consider the effectiveness issue.Later, in the afternoon, I take another mb12 sublingual and after finishing the mb12, I take the adb12. So my first mb12 dose is after the metafolin(I think its effective this way), and the next mb12 & adb12 dose in the afternoon is well,hours apart. I would also like to know more about the effectiveness.

I know Freddd said take the metafolin 20 mins before the mb12, instead of together.

I take my metafolin split in 2 doses.

Are you taking more than 2.5 mg adb12 a day? Why do you take it twice?

arx

I take the metafolin 15-20 mins before the mb12. I live in India where the only form of methylfolate I could find is the 7.5 mg Deplin. So I cut the tablet into 8 pieces and take one piece everyday.

I take the mb12 1000 mcg sublingual twice/thrice a day. I take the adb12 dose only once in the day, usually in the afternoon after the mb12 as I mentioned above. I am taking the Country Life 3000 mcg sublingual. However, I do not take the full tablet. I started off with literally a crumb and still I am taking a quarter sublingual everyday. Once I took the entire 3mg sublingual but experienced terrible insomnia and hyperactive levels of energy. Freddd has suggested the need to titrate the dosage of adb12. Starting with a crumb for a few days and gradually increasing the dose in order to tolerate the effects in the smoothest manner possible. I have still thought of taking 1/4th of the sublingual( which is 3mg/4=0.75mg of adb12) for another 7 days and will increase to half then.

How much of metafolin do you take in the day?

800 mcg metafolin. Sorry, I misread and thought you took adb12 twice. I am tolerating adb12 fine so far, I am taking almost the recommended amount which is 1/4 of 10 mg.