Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does kdm prescribe abx for long periods of time?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by anniekim, Jul 7, 2011.

1. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I know that Dr kdm prescribes abx followed by probiotics, pulsing, one week abx, 3 weeks probiotics, then seems to follow this pattern for at least a few months. I also appreciate that the abx and probiotics he prescribes are dependent on what the gut tests show etc..

However, what I am trying to establish is does dr kdm prescribe this probiotics and antibiotics protocol for a very long time, ie years, rather than months?

Thanks in advance

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    No single answer here: it depends on the patient, their tests, and their response. Some are not given antibiotics at all.

Sushi

3. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    The doctor I am seeing follows this KDM protocol fairly closely, however I have only been on it for a couple of months. I could ask next time I go for my appointment which is on the 21st July I think.

4. drewmaster

drewmaster

I think Anniekim had a slightly different question ... does he SOMETIMES prescribe antibiotics long-term (along with probiotics, of course)? That is a very interesting question, given the harm that long-term AB usage can wreak. Anyone know the answer?

Drew

5. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Drew, yes, you are right I was asking if some of his patients are kept on abx for many years. Don't think I articulated it very well so thanks for clarifying.

Francelle, thank you for offering to ask your doc my question, that would be great.

6. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I have never heard of him keeping patients on antibiotics for years, but then I am not in touch with all his patients. The ones I know have had antibiotics prescribed (followed by probiotics) only for a period of months. Others may know more though.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.