• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

does fixing leaky gut/SIBO help you tolerate weather better?

ebethc

I'm trying to fix my gut, and am convinced that it can help alot... however, not sure what it will fix and what it won't, potentially...

Has anyone who's weather intolerant (ie symptoms worse for humidity, barometric weather changes, extreme heat, extreme cold) improved in these symptoms after fixing gut issues? thanks.

I would say yes, simply because you will be feeling stronger and healthier !
VSL#3 probiotic has really saved me. Check it out first; 2 people in here have had bad experiences.

ebethc

@5150 - I don't think VSL is for me... I go for the histamine degrading or neutral probiotics, which are few... At moment, I'm not taking any... I'm taking herbs to kill a gut infection, and doing very low carb to lower bacteria

dadouv47

I'm trying to fix my gut, and am convinced that it can help alot... however, not sure what it will fix and what it won't, potentially...

Has anyone who's weather intolerant (ie symptoms worse for humidity, barometric weather changes, extreme heat, extreme cold) improved in these symptoms after fixing gut issues? thanks.

I think so.
I'm still being treated for leaky gut ( started my treatment almost 10 months ago) and I'm very sensitive to weather changes ( I moved from Belgium to Brazil, partially because I can't tolerate European winter ). I went to Belgium last month and felt way better than last year.

I'm still very sensitive to weather changes and to extreme heat or cold but the symptoms are not as big as they were before, probably because fixing leaky gut helped a bit to diminish some symptoms ( I think it could help way more, still struggling with leaky gut at the moment )

So yeah like it was already said, I think fixing leaky gut will make u healthier, so u will probably have less weather sensitivities.

ebethc

I think so.
I'm still being treated for leaky gut ( started my treatment almost 10 months ago) and I'm very sensitive to weather changes ( I moved from Belgium to Brazil, partially because I can't tolerate European winter ). I went to Belgium last month and felt way better than last year.

I'm still very sensitive to weather changes and to extreme heat or cold but the symptoms are not as big as they were before, probably because fixing leaky gut helped a bit to diminish some symptoms ( I think it could help way more, still struggling with leaky gut at the moment )

So yeah like it was already said, I think fixing leaky gut will make u healthier, so u will probably have less weather sensitivities.

that's good to hear.... weather changes knock me out, and since I don't LOOK sick, everyone just thinks I'm a hypochrondriac, so big hit on my social life & relationships... most of all, hard to work..

thanks for giving me a light at the end of the tunnel... Going on a ketogenic diet seems to be a big help, but it's very, very early.