• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone know of a good medicine for gastritis?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Recently, I have been able to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and have lost about 30 pounds. I have managed to keep the PEM and pain under control. However, I am taking a ridiculous amount of supplements in order to be able to do this. I do not want to stop because they are working so well. But, as a consequence of taking so many supplements, I am having bad problems with gastritis (inflamed stomach lining). I was wondering if anyone here has had any success with a medicine for gastritis. If so, can you let me know what you are taking. Please and thank you.

I am currently taking Carafate and Misoprostol. They work a bit, but I need something that works a lot.

Thinktank

DGL chewable tablets. 2 tablets 20 minutes before each meal and never take supplements and medicines on an empty stomach if you have gastritis!

Zinc-carnosine to help heal the ulcers.

Mastic gum helps in some.

Ofcourse diet, keep it bland and boring until symptoms subside. No caffeine and other nutrients that irritate the intestinal lining.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
if u can tolerate the salt 1/4 tsp of bicarb in a glass of water(enough water to disolve the bicarb and keep volume small), followed by another glass of water after that to get rid of the salty taste.

jeffrez

DGL, slippery elm, marshmallow and calendula are great herbs for the stomach. Zinc carnosine is also excellent, as Thinktank said. Get some pepcid AC or omeprazole if it's more serious. H-pylori test wouldn't be a bad idea, as Radio suggested. GL!! Stomach pain is awful!

xchocoholic

DGL and rethink your supplements. You may not need as much since your body processes foods and toxins more effectively when you're able to exercise.

I've found the timing of taking dgl impirtant too. 20-30 minutes prior works for me. Any less and these aren't as effective if they work at all.

Fwiw ... I'm finding caffeine pills ( not coffee, chocolate, tea, etc,), dex4, and xxx water help me energywise. :)

Tc .. x

Sean

Omeprazole (i.e. a proton pump inhibitor).

Killed my chronic and very unpleasant gastric reflux stone cold dead. One of the few medical wins I have had over the 30 years I have had ME. Very grateful for it too.

That is real medicine at work. Compare and contrast.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
First, congratulations on your improved health, Mya. (Sean too!)

As to the question, I had serious acute gastritis from a new medication. My doc changed the medication and the gastritis subsided. They also gave me an anti-nausea medication, which helped.

But I wouldn't mess around with gastritis. Even chronic gastritis can cause serious problems.

Last edited: