• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone get an uptick in energy with increased heartburn?

place

Be Strong!
noticed a significant pattern with this. Does it have to do with inflammation?

Any ideas why?

Many thanks!

AdamS

Yes I also get an uptick in energy with heartburn. It happened once when I was mowing the lawn, normally I can manage 5 minutes at a time before I need to sit/lay down between mowing (we have quite a big lawn).

After the 3rd run I drank a fruit juice drink and it triggered heart burn, but it also seemed to partially resolve my energy block and I managed to do approx 22 mins of mowing the lawn with no issues...and much better mental clarity...now that’s quite an improvement!

As for why heartburn can result in temporarily improved energy and alleviation of symptoms, i’m unsure...it is surely worth looking into though!

place

Be Strong!
Thanks for answering Adam!

If I still have energy by mid afternoon , I know I will have heart burn within two hours.

At this point I could keep going until 8 pm. The next day I get PEM.

I also have an issue where if I’m about to get sick with cold or flu, 2 days before and 3days after I have great energy.

It’s like when my immune system is busy working on something it forgets about all my other inflammatory issue.

Anyone else have similar issues?