• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone else get the strong pulsing behind the neck

rosie26

I've had this symptom all the way through with ME, I wonder how many others get it and what is it exactly?

I feel a strong abnormal pulse in the back of my neck and can feel it going up into my head. I'm fairly sure it's the blood vessel. But could it be an inflammation nerve pulse ?
As I get very bad inflammation in my head, headaches which are of the expanding kind and there is also a feverish heat in the head as well, sinus inflammation also.

Whenever I get the pulsing symptom I know it is a sign of a flare up and that my ME symptoms are going to intensify if I don't rest up.

I take fish oils for inflammation and that does help but in winter I feel like I need more help.
Does anyone else get that pulsing ?
I take -D Ribose
-fish oils
-vit. b with magnesium powder
-melatonin for sleep
and that's all I take.

golden

I have found adding turmeric and black pepper to soups and stews extremely helpful for inflamation and other things. The black pepper helps release i think 1000 x more curcumin if i remember correctly... there are some good articles on it.

I do very subtle stretches to help release tension in that spot at back of head . i think its called the 'victor point' and i have had a lot going on there too.

:)

rosie26

I like that Golden, I have to go the natural way with treatments as I just don't tolerate pills and potions from doctors they make me feel sicker. I make big batches of soups and stews and freeze, trying to get as much goodness in as possible. ( It's a big job making them, but worth it.)

I have to go out tomorrow so will buy a fresh batch of turmeric and black pepper. (will chuck lots in to soups/stew) :)

My neck is a bit of a weak spot too. Have to try to lay it properly on the pillow !!
ME has so much going on. I think hundreds of symptoms to ME. I don't think I've told my doctor 1/2 of them.

Yes, I must get back to the stretches as well. I was doing 5 minutes a day doing stretches for whole body, but my ME deteriorated last year due to menopause starting and I dropped of doing the stretches as you do when you relapse. But have picked up a bit now since starting the D Ribose last November. Too scared to stop taking D Ribose now.
xxx

golden

Just research how much turmeric to add and i started extremely slow with it , i was very ill at the time. I have wanted to try the turmeric milk for a while .....Dr.Weil has lots of articles and recipees...

i am not on-line much at present as i am doing very well and catching up on all the chores cleaning and decorating etc. etc. Bliss

xxx :)

rosie26

Yes I will do some research on how much to use, will give me something different to do. I find ME gives me a very scattered brain and everything takes a long time to think through.

So thrilled you are enjoying a "breather" . I have been lucky enough to have some of those too from time to time Doesn't a clean house make you feel sooooo good. love it !

I can imagine you are in your glory decorating ha ha . Buy lots of cheerful things to put up around the house :) xxx

I get pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear on occasion, it often wakes me up at night and it also appears if I'm bending down repeatedly. It appears to be related to blood pressure and orthostatic intolerances.