August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does a deep massage of the neck help?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Johnskip, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Johnskip

Johnskip Senior Member

just wondering??

Invisible Woman likes this.
  2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member

For me, no.

I used to do a fair bit of physical activity and had a good massage every month or so before becoming ill. Loved it.

Since becoming ill, I can't even have the lightest of neck/shoulder/back massages. Literally knocks me off my feet and causes quite a crash.

I can cope with a lymph drainage massage in the lower limbs though.

Others seem to have no problem with then though.

If I were to try it again then I would have a very short, very light massage and if I was ok with that I would slowly build it up. Watch out for use of essential oils too - I find I need them to be a lot more diluted these days.

3. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    Love it, just cannot afford it, and have not found many willing people to massage me, even though they love my massages :(

GG

Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I'm with *GG*. When I could afford them, I loved them. I do not know that they helped my ME. I think lymphatic drainage might have, but I only had it once.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. Hilary

Hilary Senior Member

UK
    I also love massage but have to be very careful as massage of the upper back especially can make me feel extremely unwell - that horrible dragging, achey toxic feeling. As long as it's very light and I'm not already in a dip, I can get away with it and find it very relaxing.

I did have Perrin treatment for a long time which made me worse initially but then seemed to help quite a bit.

6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

I do fine with more gentle massages. Last time I went for a massage, I had been having a migraine for 2 weeks and after the treatment it was gone. The lady had massaged my head and it did me tremendous good.

7. mhrps

mhrps

My skin is oversensitive. I rarely touch my neck by myself.

See more popular forum discussions.