• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctors in Melbourne - Geoff Littlejohn?

Persimmon

I'm looking for a primary care physician who is knowledgeable about ME/CFS.

I know about Dr Don Lewis & his clinic.

Any other suggestions?

A doctor recently suggested Associate Professor Geoffrey Littlejohn, who has published a number of studies on FM. Can anyone tell me about him / his practice?

Thanks

topaz

I cannot comment on Dr Littlejohn so am not of much direct help. This is his website however and this will give you a feel for his approach http://www.pathoutofpain.com.au/infomation/html/fibro_syndrome.html

I dont have FM but note that his emphasis appears to be pain management and there is little mention of the other FM symptoms, esp Fibro Fog.

You have to work out what type of medical practitioner you prefer - traditional medicine, alternative, functional/integrative etc. PErsonally, I think only a functional/integrative practitioner is likely to request appropriate tests adn be able to interpret them adequately and prescribe supplements to treat. Having said this, I prefer traditionally trained doctors who have "crossed to teh other side" at some stage in their careers.

Good luck

topaz

Persimmon

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Yep, gg, that doctor in Victoria (Dr Colin Little) is easily accessible. I've heard mixed thing about him in the past, but shall try to find out more.

topaz,
I don't know enough about FM to know what to make of the pathoutofpain webpage!
In the past I've tried the integrative approach in various ways, without success - alas.

Maybe I just have to test ride a couple of these guys, in the hope that one fits the bill.