• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor's Best Betaine HCL with Pepsin and Gentian Bitters?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I want to get some Betaine HCL to see if it'll help with my bloat which I think is from Valcyte (or aggravated by) I saw this and was wondering if the other stuff in it would hurt or help? I know it's supposed to help but nothing about my gut is normal.

I want one without Milk or Soy that won't break the bank.

Also caps. I read a post by @Hip who talked about caps vs tablets.

Thnks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Update. I just read gentian bitters can lower blood pressure. Mine is borderline low so this is out.

Back to the drawing board.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks @ahmo I have that one on my wish list. There is a Twinlab I saw too although currently out of stock. I just saw w small bottle of the one you like on Amazon for about $6.50 so I'll give that a shot.

I want to start with small and cheap just in case I have problems.

I use the Swanson brand Betaine and it works well and is cheaper. I don't think the bitters work unless you get the bitter taste under your tongue to stimulate the vagus nerve.