• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor-recommended cure for ME

hellytheelephant

682548b6002c3e29c56ff54579699214.jpg

The woman recommended by the doctor is one of the above.

I am having trouble here. My mind is about to collapse.

What do they teach in medical school these days?

Well, one thing we can be sure of is that it is not ME!!:bang-head:

Quilp

Hysterical overload ?? :thumbdown:

Is that similar to Pervasive arousal withdrawal syndrome?

(why does that sound slightly unsavoury to me?)

He talked of me being hysterical - you should have seen his face, he was raging. If anyone was hysterical.....Upon reflection he was probably pissed off at having to carry out an emergency home visit to someone with hysteria, although I wish he had said I had arousal withdrawal syndrome. I would have stopped watching Jeremy Kyle......

Another nugget - ''you should have a holiday, it will do you good'' - two weeks in Blackpool with my nan and a carrot for the donkeys.
Perhaps I should push the boat out ( it'll probably sink ) and get a rubber doll to remind me of the life I could have hard.
This is brilliant, I need to get out more, probably to see the GP. Who knows where these things might lead. The next GP might tell me I need to get laid more often. Once will do your honour. And would that be on prescription ?

I remember being told I should go for a walk, though I'm inclined to believe he might have expected me to walk in a straight line, and keep going. Afterall he never mentioned anything about a repeat appointment.

No I much prefer Pervasive arousal withdrawal syndrome, and if that doesn't impress that busty blonde down the Dog and Gun i'll tell her i'm a formula one racing driver. That and the fact that I was once the under 8's egg and spoon champion circa 1980. And you thought I was just an ME patient :)

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Personally, I am planning to spend much of this Christmas with the people I have shared much of this year with- that's my PR friends.:cake::wine::pill: ( gluten free, sugar free 'cake'/glass of Psillium husk, and opoids as needed- Woo woo- Lets get this parteee started!

Us saddos say:START THE THREAD!:thumbsup:
Some of us in the US with progressive states will add our own bit of holiday cheer:
stoner.gif

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Her doctor has the cure for this disease. (Esther Crawley eat your heart out. Scrub Fitnet or Quickfix...........I keep getting the name of the local garage confused with Esther's latest fad.)
Be careful invoking that name - if EC hears about this she'll set up a Standard Medical Care group with this doctor to compare the results of her trial victims with.

Molly98

@hellytheelephant @Molly98 @Jan @MeSci and C.G. the Boadaiceas of the South West.......or as John Knox would call us....that Monstrous Regiment of Women.

Now if only we could all met up and sort out MEGA over a cuppa in Exeter..............
A great idea @Countrygirl, would love to meet the other Boadaiceas of the South West :)
I am not sure if I could do the centre of Exeter, not been into the city for a few years, too much stimulation for me. But I am sure we could find somewhere else quiet that we could all get to.
@Countrygirl are you able to start a private message group so we can all discuss further?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
A great idea @Countrygirl, would love to meet the other Boadaiceas of the South West :)
I am not sure if I could do the centre of Exeter, not been into the city for a few years, too much stimulation for me. But I am sure we could find somewhere else quiet that we could all get to.
@Countrygirl are you able to start a private message group so we can all discuss further?
I'm not sure that I can get anywhere. Have no transport, no partner, no local friends to speak of. Had hoped to make some as I came up to my pension (which I think I have!), but became iller, which seems to have blown my plans. Still hold out some hope...

Jan

I'm not sure that I can get anywhere. Have no transport, no partner, no local friends to speak of. Had hoped to make some as I came up to my pension (which I think I have!), but became iller, which seems to have blown my plans. Still hold out some hope...

Well I'm not far from Cornwall, so depending where you are, we could possibly pick you up if you're able to travel. (she says, volunteering her chariot driver, he won't mind). :D

I'm loving the sound of this club @Countrygirl, we get to be both Boadaiceas and a Monstrous Regiment of Women! Fab! :woot: :thumbsup: