• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do your children have ME/CFS?

Do Your Children Have ME/CFS?

• I have 1 child with ME/CFS

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • I have more than one child with ME/CFS

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I have other children that do not have ME/CFS

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • None of my children have ME/CFS

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • I, the parent, do not have ME/CFS

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I, the parent, was the first member of the family to have ME/CFS symptoms

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • I, the parent, became ill AFTER my children

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • One of my children showed ME/CFS symptoms first

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • We all became ill at the same time

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
One daughter has diagnoses for CRPS in remission (that was pure Hell), Primary Juvenile Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She also has MTHFR and a genetically reduced ability to convert beta carotene into A. Her grandmother on her Dad's side was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia later in life, and was fully disabled by her mid-twenties from it. I am not as sick as my daughter, but I've always had a severe energy deficit and mood symptoms, and have stumbled through my life in bewilderment about how people could have that much energy and why I couldn't. When my allergies get bad, I get something close to narcolepsy, which my daughter also gets on those same days. I'm pretty sure I'm halfway there, and her Dad is halfway there, and my daughter got the full enchilada, genetically speaking. My other daughter has misphonia (she has the gene for that, which my other daughter does not have) and mood symptoms. We laugh about all the sensory sensitivities in our household. My older daughter has been accused of being a vampire for her aversion to sunlight, and ability to hear people talking in their homes at the end of the street.