• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you take Valcyte and Famvir?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm currently taking 450 mgs Valcyte (just started with no problems) and also 500 mgs Famvir.

I know others here take both and I'm wonder what dosage Famvir. My ID doc (who is very main stream and does not get what I'm doing) said stop the Famvir since it does the same as Valcyte.

I'm reluctant to do that. I know some here stay on a lower dose Famvir while others are taking much more?

What dosages do you guys take?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Doesn't Valcyte also target EBV HSV as well as CMV whereas Famvir is mainly for EBV HSV & VZV. Or maybe I have that totally wrong!!!

Ema

Dr Lerner had me on 1800 Valcyte and 4g Famvir...so I'd say you have a wide range of doses to choose from and still be OK if you're doing labs regularly to monitor your liver function.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
The ID is going to do labs @ one month then every three

@Ema do they work on different viruses? I'd like some info for my NP so she will continue to rx the famvir.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'd have to have someone come to my house to do that. No way I can go out every two weeks.

Working on that now if it's not cost prohibitive. Otherwise maybe stay on 900.