• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you see squiggly bacteria when you look at a blue sky?

Fejal

I have suspected bartinella spp infection. One thing I've noticed is that I can see a ton of bacteria when I look at the sky floating around in the liquid covering the eyes. They appear either as single cells or squiggly chains. I was wondering if anyone else sees this.

Stone

Hi Fejal,
I'm wondering how you can distinguish what you're seeing from the normal squiggly floaty things everybody sees when looking at the sky. Are you referring to something that looks entirely different from the normal phenomena? If so, how is what you're seeing different?

Also, have you seen an ophthalmologist (not optometrist) about it and maybe asked him/her to culture your tears?

Esther12

I had a mate who used to always worry about these when we were teens.

It's normal to have funny shapes that look like magnified bacteria floating accross your vision - I'd assume that they're bits of dust bending light slightly, rather than actual cells, but it does look quite strange and sci-fi.

Nothing to worry about imo.

Jenny

How do you know that these are bacteria Fejal? Floaters are thought to consist of bands of collagen and they tend to increase as you get older.

Jenny