• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have a low blood pressure or low heart rate? 48 beats per minute!!? ?

SaveMe

I have POTS but what is scaring me it that my heart rate is always under 50 beats per minute.

Does anyone else with cfs-me have a rather slow heart beat? :(

Thanks everyone

sleepy237

At times my heart has went as low as this, usually a sign that I need to sleep/rest well. It is due to the dysfunction of the ANS, and makes it very difficult in treating POTS as I cannot have a betablocker because my heart rate also goes this slow, but soars on standing. I saw your reply on the POTS section SaveMe so you already know what can help the condition. There are also products called gookinaid/vitalyte. ~Sleepy

SaveMe

At times my heart has went as low as this, usually a sign that I need to sleep/rest well. It is due to the dysfunction of the ANS, and makes it very difficult in treating POTS as I cannot have a betablocker because my heart rate also goes this slow, but soars on standing. I saw your reply on the POTS section SaveMe so you already know what can help the condition. There are also products called gookinaid/vitalyte. ~Sleepy

Oh electrolytes, yes I have got to try that. thanks sleepy

jstefl

My pulse was 50 and my BP was down to 80/50. I used Midodrine for a while, but Once I started Valcyte, things started to get better. After 8 Months on Valcyte, my pulse and BP were back top normal.

Gatorade may be of some help.

SaveMe

My pulse was 50 and my BP was down to 80/50. I used Midodrine for a while, but Once I started Valcyte, things started to get better. After 8 Months on Valcyte, my pulse and BP were back top normal.

Gatorade may be of some help.

thanks Jstefl,
that is interesting. Is Valcyte indicated to help with heartrate, or is a secondary mechanism as a result from suppressing a virus? my pharmacist told me valcyte was $1400 /30 pills
Thanks again

jstefl

Valcyte is very expensive. I haven't taken any for about two years now, but at that time it was about $ 40.00 per tablet. Most people take 2 per day. As I remember, my perscription was $ 2,520.00 per month. More for the first month when I started on a heavier dose.

I was taking my pulse and BP daily before I started Valcyte. I continued this during the time I was on Valcyte. What I found was that pre Valcyte, my pulse and BP varied a lot. My pluse could be 45 or 100, and my BP was all over the place. After Valcyte, my Pulse and BP was almost the same every time i checked. Two years later, this continues.

I talked to Dr. Cheney about this when I saw him at the Reno conference. I forget exactly the words he used, but I got the impression that he was suggesting that Valcyte did have some benefits beyond the anti viral activity. I gave him a copy of my spreadsheet and chart that I made with excel.

I would be willing to send you the excel file if you PM me your email address.

SaveMe

oh thanks, I will pm that to you. Im assuming it has BP data at different times and dates. Hopefully my insurance will cover Valcyte 100%. Ill give them a call tmrw. Have you had success with anything else?
How much % wise did Valcyte help you function and have you given LDN a try? thanks again

has any1 seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrg-jpDQxA