• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do we have a copy of the IOM contract?

alex3619

No, and we have been told it has not been released. However there is a legal issue that someone raised that they might have to release it, so I am not sure.

The contract would be large, detailed, and full of legalese. What we have is the Statement Of Work I think, which is short, vague and not explicit.

Nielk

No, and we have been told it has not been released. However there is a legal issue that someone raised that they might have to release it, so I am not sure.

The contract would be large, detailed, and full of legalese. What we have is the Statement Of Work I think, which is short, vague and not explicit.
I think that three different advocates who are lawyers have asked for it but, have not as yet received it.

jspotila

I got the Statement of Work, and published it on September 30th. That's what most people are using, I think.

I filed a FOIA for the actual contract, but no response yet. I believe others have also filed FOIAs for it.

justinreilly

Jeannette has also filed a FOIA request. I had asked IoM and Wanda Jones to release a copy. They would not. Wanda Jones referred me to the HHS FOIA office. THen i saw others had made FOIA requests so I didn't.

Izola

The SOW? Its a pig, alright.

Nielk

I got the Statement of Work, and published it on September 30th. That's what most people are using, I think.

I filed a FOIA for the actual contract, but no response yet. I believe others have also filed FOIAs for it.
Is there a time limit of how long they can take with FOIA requests?

jspotila

Not really. They have to "respond" in 20 days, but that just consists of giving you a case number. Fastest FOIA response I ever got was about a month. Longest is 15 months and counting . . . .

Izola

Not really. They have to "respond" in 20 days, but that just consists of giving you a case number. Fastest FOIA response I ever got was about a month. Longest is 15 months and counting . . . .

Thanks, Iz

justinreilly

@jspotila , Patricia filed a FOIA by email on October 16 and sent a paper copy the next day. can i ask when you sent yours and by what delivery method.

This is getting to be really bad, obviously. We need to see that contract to see what other hidden pitfalls are out there.

I don't know, but maybe your members' of congress constituent aid office, or whatever its called, that helps constituents deal with the government could help you get a faster response.

jspotila

@jspotila , Patricia filed a FOIA by email on October 16 and sent a paper copy the next day. can i ask when you sent yours and by what delivery method.

This is getting to be really bad, obviously. We need to see that contract to see what other hidden pitfalls are out there.

I don't know, but maybe your members' of congress constituent aid office, or whatever its called, that helps constituents deal with the government could help you get a faster response.

I submitted mine the end of September, can't recall the date off the top of my head. I submitted electronically, I believe, and kept a copy of everything of course. I was assigned a case number, and just received another letter from the FOIA officer handling the request confirming the status (which is "in process").