August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do Hydroxocobalamin lozenges work?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by leahcim, May 10, 2018.

1. leahcim

leahcim

I think methylcobalamin may be giving me bad headaches, and apparently due to my vdr tag etc i tolerate hydroxo and aden better then methyl.

I've noticed on freddds protocol that he say hydroxocobalamin doesnt work orally? has anyone else had luck with them?

alkt likes this.
  2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

The following study suggests that hydroxocobalamin should generally be similar to methylcobalamin but there could be individual variability.

Comparative Bioavailability and Utilization of Particular Forms of B12 Supplements With Potential to Mitigate B12-related Genetic Polymorphisms

alkt likes this.
  3. datadragon

datadragon Guest

East Coast, USA
    Advanced Orthomolecular Research AOR Hydroxyl B 12 Lozenges, 60 Count

This is the hydroxocobalamin that I was recommended and used which has worked very well for me ongoing. It is oral sublingual and well absorbed.

alkt likes this.
  4. Busson

Busson

I tried sublingual hydroxoB12 (Swanson) and got a good response but I didn't stick with it for long because I switched to adenoB12 and methylB12 to allow me to adjust each one independently.

alkt likes this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I take “Seeking Health” sublingual Hydroxo B-12/ Folinic Acid (b/c I do not tolerate the Methyl versions) and it works well for me.

alkt likes this.
  6. GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX Senior Member

What symptoms do you get from the Methyl versions?

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Severe overmethylation reaction and no matter how low the dose, I cannot tolerate the Methyl versions. The reaction included facial flushing, tachycardia in the 150’s or higher, agitation, insomnia, etc, and felt like a shot of Epinephrine straight to your heart. Versus I tolerate the (non-Methyl) Hydroxo B-12/Folinic Acid with no problem.

See more popular forum discussions.