• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do anybody knows these tests?

I'm Piera, I've fibromyalgia and may be CFS. I'm in therapy for fibromyalgia, I started it 3 years ago and doctors changed some drugs during this time.
Some days ago I went for a new visit. As all the lab tests I did are ok, I need to have new ones: DNA ADDUCTS - METALLOTHIONEINE - CFS PROFILE - NAGALASI DOSAGE.
I hope somebody can give me news about these tests, I don't know them... I'm waiting for a kit to take my blood and send it to UK in a lab. They are also very expensive
It's difficult to live with this kind of illness.
I hope to share with you all some experiences. I think we can help each others.
Sorry my bad English... I hope you can understand what I write.

Thank you for your answer; my doctor wants a NAGALASE test to see if I have some virus inside my cells, macrophages or otherwhere. He never talk me about GCMAF neither MAF314.
I read your links and I think it's not good for me to do this test because its positivity could be caused from a virus but a cancer, too. So, then, how could I understand what's the problem?
I thank you for your link. I will give them to my doctor so he can read them.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Piera

Nagalase testing is often done as a screening test by ME/CFS doctors. My doctor monitors my nagalase (it was high). Nagalase prevents the body from making the body's natural GcMAF which is essential to the immune system--no matter what illness you have.

Since my nagalase was high and I was not able to naturally produce GcMAF (which activates the macrophages in the immune system) I replace the GcMAF through injecting it. This has helped a lot.

Best,
Sushi

Sushi
Oh, I understand now... but I read that GcMAF it's very very expensive... isn't it? and it's not sure that it helps everybody... what can you tell me about it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi
Oh, I understand now... but I read that GcMAF it's very very expensive... isn't it? and it's not sure that it helps everybody... what can you tell me about it?

I opened a chat with you so that we could discuss this better. Just click on accept.

Sushi