• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dizziness.

Fuzzyhead

I started with vertigo in November and various other symptoms. It eased for a few months.
I started taking methylfolate, methylb12 and bio care b plex about 3 days ago and I noticed when I lay down or get up my head feels a bit dizzy again and when I got up this morning I had dizziness again and my head feels heavy and dull headache. I don't know if this is just how my m.e has gone now or it has anything to do with taking the tabs.
How can you tell?

Freddd

I started with vertigo in November and various other symptoms. It eased for a few months.
I started taking methylfolate, methylb12 and bio care b plex about 3 days ago and I noticed when I lay down or get up my head feels a bit dizzy again and when I got up this morning I had dizziness again and my head feels heavy and dull headache. I don't know if this is just how my m.e has gone now or it has anything to do with taking the tabs.
How can you tell?

Hi Fuzzyhead,

Here is the grouping of symptoms that often fits. Headache fits either ot both. Dizziness fits in the folate though I see that difficulty walking is there but not the dizzy part. Dizziness though can also be an increase of neurological symptoms that can occur with the MeCbl, especially if it has been a symptom. I had 3 or 4 causes for dizziness and all have relieved with MeCbl and other active cofactors. When you have 3 or 4 symptoms in a category it is easier to pin down. Headaches can happen because of muscle spasms, inflamed veins, scalp muscle spasms, nueurological symptoms among other things. Can you describe the headache and your neck muscles, veins in head etc?

Group 1 – Hypokalemia onset. Symptoms may appear with serum potassium as high as 4.3. May become dangerous if ignored. Considered “rare” with cyanocobalamin it is very common with methylb12 and adensosylb12 and less so with hydroxycobalamin..

IBS – Steady constipation , Nausea, Vomiting, Paralyzed Ileum, Hard knots of muscle, Sudden muscle spasms when relaxed, Sudden muscle spasms when stretching , Sudden muscle spasms when kneeling, Sudden muscle spasms when reaching , Sudden muscle spasms when turning upper body to side, Tightening of muscles, spasms and excruciating pain in neck muscles, waking up screaming in pain from muscle spasms in legs. Muscle weakness, Abnormal heart rhythms (dysrhythmias), Increased pulse rate, Increased blood pressure, Emotional changes and/or instability, dermal or sub-dermal Itching, and if not treated potentially paralysis and death.

Group 2a - Both

IBS – Diarrhea alternating with constipation, IBS – Normal alternating with constipation

Group 2b – Either or both

Headache, Increased malaise, Fatigue

Group 3 - Induced and/or Paradoxical Folate deficiency or insufficiency

IBS – Steady diarrhea, IBS – Diarrhea alternating with normal, Stomach ache, Uneasy digestive tract, increased hypersensitive responses , Skin rashes, Increased acne, Skin peeling around fingernails, Skin cracking and peeling at fingertips, Angular Cheilitis, Canker sores, Coated tongue, Runny nose, Increased allergies, Increased Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Increased asthma, rapidly increasing Generalized inflammation in body, Increased Inflammation pain in muscles, Increased Inflammation pain in joints, Achy muscles, Flu like symptoms, Depression, Less sociable, Impaired planning and logic, Brain fog, Low energy, Light headedness, Sluggishness, Forgetfulness, Confusion, Difficulty walking, Behavioral disorders, Dementia, Reduced sense of taste, Increase irritability, Loss of reflexes, Fevers, Old symptoms returning, Heart palpitations, Bleeding easily.

Lotus97

How can you tell?
I agree with Freddd about supplementing with potassium, but if that doesn't fully alleviate your symptoms I'd recommend lowering your dose of B12 and folate.

Fuzzyhead

The headache is always left sided and sometime feels like pressure. My eyes feel heavy and tired too.

Freddd

The headache is always left sided and sometime feels like pressure. My eyes feel heavy and tired too.

Hi Fuzzy,

left sided ... pressure. heavy and tired eyes

Are there external pains in the muscles or veins in your neck or head? Do they come at the same time as nausea for instance?

Freddd

Hi Fuzzyhead,

Another question, have you checked your blood pressure? Some people who take CoQ10 during MeCbl and AdoCbl startup have had dangerously high blood pressure but only during that initial period, possibly as the body starts making more of it's own CoQ10 or some other reason, from it and headaches with the high blood pressure. It's worth considering if you are taking CoQ10.