• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Discuss the article on the Forums. Fluish symptoms come and go

I am currently on famvir 250mg 2x a day. In the morning when I get up I feel slightly better every morning I get up. Then around 2/3 pm I start to feel fluish. My temperature goes up and my heart rate jumps up and doesn't go down until I try to go to sleep. Even after I take my night dose it doesn't stop. In curious what could be causing it? The virus? My dr thought it was diabetes and I got tested and I was fine. She couldn't explained it. Thoughts?

Seven7

Seven
Ussually that is a sign that (in my case) the immune system is being over stimulated. I am not sure how long you have been on the Famvir or if you are taking any mew meds or supplement, when this happens to me, I take nothing and about 2days I am back to base then I restart whatever it was I was taking to a lower dose I was at before I started this.
So lets say you were taking one pill w no issues but suddenly increased to 2 pills, I would stop until fluish is gone then restart at 1 pill then add slowly with no symptoms until I reach 2 pills.

ALso, I get this with th1 shifters, I cannot drink Echinacea tea.... If you google the things you are eating with (th1 shifter or th2 shifter lists).

Also if you suspect OI, google it with vasoconstriction and vasodilator and see if you can find a pattern. (mine was I cannot do th1 shifter nor vasodilators (I have OI also).

BadBadBear

How long have you been on Famvir? It took some months before the herx type symptoms and overstimulation from the Famvir went away for me. I am on 1 g per day. I still get transient flu-ish symptoms and overstim at 6-7 months. Not sure if its Famvir or something else, and I don't want to go off of Famvir as dose decreases seem to make the flu symptoms increase.