• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Discomfort/soreness in left and upper chest - lymph related (Perrin)?

Hi folks,

I wanted to talm about some soreness/pain I have been experiencing for around 8 months, which I'm convinced is related to lymph disfunction.

Something is going on down the left side of my neck and into the top of my torso on my left side. It is extremely sore in the morning, with the discomfort reducing as the day goes on. Unlike other 'muscular' pain I have, this doesn't seem to be correlated with movement or exercise, or specific muscles.

I've had what I think is an enlarged lymph vessel down the side of my neck since my ME got worse around 1.5 years ago. I can feel it through the skin, and it's not far from one elarged cervical lymph node that has been around for 2 years (this has been checked under ultrasound; because it didn't look 'suspect' no other investgation was done).

I can feel almost every single lymph node in my left chest towards my armpit. Think Perrin's varicose lymphatics; I'm sure he's onto something!

The area around my collarbone is very tender, and there seems to be some soft tissue of some sort overlying the collarbone which seems tender too. From general reading, including of Perrin's work, this is the main area of lymphatic drainage on the left side of the body.

I should also mention that the skin overlying these areas seems almost a little damp/sticky, compared with the right side. Again, this makes me think this is lymph related.

Can anyone related to what I am describing?

wonderoushope

Maybe look into Tietze syndrome, costochondritis or Pleuritis. I have been diagnosed with costochondritis, although I am wondering if is tietze or pleuritis, as I do get swelling at times. I have had it since I was a kid.

With a flare-up I am very tender on the left side near my collarbone and actually, my right side hurts there too and can go to my back and neck. The costeo main pain (where I feel like I have been stabbed with a knife is always on my left side of my chest). I don't have any lymph nodes jutting out or anything like that. I don't relate to the damp/sticky thing you are talking about either. Lately, it flares up only when I am asleep (never used to be like that). I wake-up stuck in a cramp position on my side, due to the pain....it's a real nuisance.

I think I have a lot of muscular skeletal issues all over my body. My neck is always stiff actually my whole back is usually very tender when touched. I probably have fibromyalgia too, as I am tender in a lot the points for fibro, but for the most part I don't feel much pain throughout the day, unless I am bending down and become stiff.