• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Disabled-friendly housing in Scotland

Tammy

I have often thought it might be a good idea if members (if they wish) could share what type of housing they are in ...........rent amount, environment, etc. just in case others are looking to relocate for whatever reason. They could even include pictures of their flat, apt. etc, size.............what have you.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have often thought it might be a good idea if members (if they wish) could share what type of housing they are in ...........rent amount, environment, etc. just in case others are looking to relocate for whatever reason. They could even include pictures of their flat, apt. etc, size.............what have you.
Why not start a thread for this, Tammy? It would be best in the Community Lounge (I'd think) as that section is private to members and not searched by Google.

Sushi

barbc56

I think there is a thread about this but I believe it was a long time ago. So maybe a new thread or moving this thread to the private sector, is called for as I think it's a wonderful idea!

Barb

Just came across this and thought it might be of interest to some:

http://www.blackwoodgroup.org.uk/our-properties

greeting's all .....
I live in beautiful Western NC and would love a thread on this subject also (because I want to do this ) ....me- sick for over 35 yrs...new here (member yrs ago).....& just bought an RV, because I am way too sick to make a 'reg' move......love the RV...only prob.....I am sooo issolated and I would LOVE to have ' family ' around me, who understand. !!!! I got the caregiving thing 'down' now as I have 40 hrs @ wk for a caregiver (medicaid) .....any one out there want to start a small community ?? ( a peaceful, loving,supportive, no drama, love tree's,kindness,truth,old hippies would be great-like earth mom types :) Spiritual, etc......w/ xxx)
beautiful mountain painting.jpg

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
greeting's all .....
I live in beautiful Western NC and would love a thread on this subject also (because I want to do this ) ....me- sick for over 35 yrs...new here (member yrs ago).....& just bought an RV, because I am way too sick to make a 'reg' move......love the RV...only prob.....I am sooo issolated and I would LOVE to have ' family ' around me, who understand. !!!! I got the caregiving thing 'down' now as I have 40 hrs @ wk for a caregiver (medicaid) .....any one out there want to start a small community ?? ( a peaceful, loving,supportive, no drama, love tree's,kindness,truth,old hippies would be great-like earth mom types :) Spiritual, etc......w/ xxx)
View attachment 10589

Beautiful photo.

You can start a thread - that might attract people who are interested. Make sure you give it a subject line that makes it clear what it's about. I'm not really sure where the best place is to put threads about housing as I can't find a section specifically about housing.

Maybe the 'community lounge'?

There is a thread about co-housing that may interest you.

I'd love a self-sufficient, chemical-free, renewable-energy-powered disabled-friendly community!