• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

digestive enzymes

digital dog

Have these helped anyone.
I took two yesterday and feel good today. Strangely good.
Probably a coincidence of course.

digital dog

They look like a really good make.
Do they give you more energy or am I expecting too much. Some people report increased energy taking enzymes.

perchance dreamer

No, they don't give me more energy. They help a lot with the GERD I used to have. I don't get indigestion from eating anymore.

The other supplement that really helped for GERD was D-Limonene. I also take a good probiotic and get plenty of prebiotics from food. I can say I kicked GERD to the curb.

Valentijn

Digestive enzymes help me digest. Fewer reactions to foods I have problems with. They don't help with my other symptoms.

digital dog

I think Im expecting too much. I read that you can have a real increase in energy.
I'm trying to heal my gut, which may, or may not, need healing. I know that I had very bad IBS for years before I got ill.
I'm actually going to start another thread on it.
Thank you for posting

drob31

Have these helped anyone.
I took two yesterday and feel good today. Strangely good.
Probably a coincidence of course.

There is a theory about this actually.

Hypothyroidism would cause low HCL.

Low HCL over time causes malabsorbtion because of lack of digestive breakdown.

Malabsorbtion causes lack of amino acids which cause a myriad of symptoms.

So how did we start at hypothyroidism?

CFS > hpa axis dysfunction > hypothyroidism