• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Digestive enzymes making me sick

I need some help I need to take digestive enzymes to help my body because I have low stomach acid but when I take Zypan, beltaine hcl, papaya, and apple cider vinegar they make my stomach feel better but my hands immediately break out in a rash. Anyone have this happen I need some help I can't even get to stage 1 of trying to get better if this keeps happening. For reference I have tried all kinds of probiotics too and I have the same thing happen with adaptogens. Which make me less nuts but cause extreme pain with my hands breaking out in maybe eczema and becoming very sensitive and breaking open. Has anyone had any experience with this maybe have some suggestions? Thank you very much.

Learner1

Zypan has milk in it. Might you have an allergy to it or one of the other whole food ingredients Standard Process uses?

What brands of the other products?

This may seem off-topic, but I've had rashes on my hands on and off with arsenic being mobilized in my system... goes away when the arsenic goes...

Zypan has milk in it. Might you have an allergy to it or one of the other whole food ingredients Standard Process uses?

What brands of the other products?

This may seem off-topic, but I've had rashes on my hands on and off with arsenic being mobilized in my system... goes away when the arsenic goes...

I didn't get the notification for your reply. Arsenic how did you test for that? What did you do to fix it. I have tried I want to say maybe 10 different digestive enzymes(they all have papaya in them). I have tried several different gallbladder suppliments betafood and choline. The probiotics I have tried is prescript-assist, probiota bifido seeking health, vsl #3, seeking health probiotics sensitive and garden of life probiotics ultra.

I have tried several different adaptogens all of them say they help with allergies but mostly they just make me break out it is weird. Thank you for any help.

Learner1

I didn't get the notification for your reply. Arsenic how did you test for that? What did you do to fix it.
Actually, the arsenic I had mobilized was enough to show up on a blood test for acute exposure, according to CDC guidelines. You can also do a Doctors Data provoked urine heavy metals test, using DMSA or DMPS and EDTA to provoke (mobilize) the heavy metals and see what you have.

Then you can chelate, either orally or by IV, under a doctor's supervision.

I have tried I want to say maybe 10 different digestive enzymes(they all have papaya in them). I have tried several different gallbladder suppliments betafood and choline.
You might try getting a hold of "the Food Intolerance Bible" by Anthony Hayne. Lots of self quizzes, tools, and explanations. You sort of need to work the entire digestive system, removing allergens, repairing damage (aminos, lipids, vitamins), ensuring you have stonsxh acid, bile production, and enzymes.

Enzymes are really important, they can even help cancers forming in your system. I use Thorne BioGest. Maybe you can find a non-papaya one if its a problem.

Have you tried glutamine and glycine to repair the gut? And have you looked into Cured Lab arrays to see if you have food allergies?

The probiotics I have tried is prescript-assist, probiota bifido seeking health, vsl #3, seeking health probiotics sensitive and garden of life probiotics ultra.
My experience with Garden of Life was dismal. VSL#3 now contains corn, which can irritate your gut. I've had good luck with the HLC/Pharmax human strain one and Xymogen ProBioMax in the 30 and 100 billion. Looking at Dr. Ohhira to rotate to.

My daughter had trouble at first with probiotics. She did kombucha and worked on her gut and tried again and eventually they helped.

I had trouble getting lacto and bifido to stick to me, so Dr. put me on Thorne Fiber Mend to help. I like it and put it on sheep yogurt or sugar free coconut "ice cream".

I have tried several different adaptogens all of them say they help with allergies but mostly they just make me break out it is weird. Thank you for any help.
Do you have DAO, FUT, or HNMT SNPs? Or MCAS?

Actually, the arsenic I had mobilized was enough to show up on a blood test for acute exposure, according to CDC guidelines. You can also do a Doctors Data provoked urine heavy metals test, using DMSA or DMPS and EDTA to provoke (mobilize) the heavy metals and see what you have.

Then you can chelate, either orally or by IV, under a doctor's supervision.

--I will have to check that, I think that is the only test I haven't had.

You might try getting a hold of "the Food Intolerance Bible" by Anthony Hayne. Lots of self quizzes, tools, and explanations. You sort of need to work the entire digestive system, removing allergens, repairing damage (aminos, lipids, vitamins), ensuring you have stonsxh acid, bile production, and enzymes.

--That seems like it could help. I will check it out.

Enzymes are really important, they can even help cancers forming in your system. I use Thorne BioGest. Maybe you can find a non-papaya one if its a problem.
--I know they are I wonder if I could just take pancreatic enzymes and maybe ox bile.

Have you tried glutamine and glycine to repair the gut? And have you looked into Cured Lab arrays to see if you have food allergies?
--I have done several arrays and they seem to be a moving target. I can try glutamine and --glycine but I was told that because of my snips I it will probably screw with me. I can try them.

My experience with Garden of Life was dismal. VSL#3 now contains corn, which can irritate your gut. I've had good luck with the HLC/Pharmax human strain one and Xymogen ProBioMax in the 30 and 100 billion. Looking at Dr. Ohhira to rotate to.

--Where do you get those two probiotics?

My daughter had trouble at first with probiotics. She did kombucha and worked on her gut and tried again and eventually they helped.

--I didn't used to have problems with probiotics before one of the docs I saw screwed up my methalythion.

I had trouble getting lacto and bifido to stick to me, so Dr. put me on Thorne Fiber Mend to help. I like it and put it on sheep yogurt or sugar free coconut "ice cream".

--I can't eat coconut at all maybe I could do sheeps yogurt.

Do you have DAO, FUT, or HNMT SNPs? Or MCAS?

--I have -/- for dao, fut is +/-, hnmt doesn't show on strategene. I do think I have mcas every fermented product I try to use I end up itching when I didn't used to. Thank you.